Reporting to the Director, Corporate Actuarial Valuation the Analyst assumes administrative and corporate duties in order to meet the departmental objectives.
- Participate in the preparation of the financial statements and other actuarial reports including the calculation of actuarial liabilities according to Canadian and US GAAP
- Validate data used in the actuarial calculation and produce external & internal verification reports
- Support the production of financial projections and collaborate in the analysis and production of reports
- Participate in the preparation of necessary actuarial evaluations by using software application tools
- Ensure the integrity of the database
- Maintain the systems up to date which serve for calculations and projections
- Bachelor's degree in actuarial or in mathematics
- Minimum of three exams of the Society of Actuaries
- Strong knowledge and interest in computer & software skills, MS Office, VBA, SQL, Oracle, Unix
- Experience in the life insurance environment, an asset
- Knowledge of the AXIS software, an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid technical and analytical skills
- Sense of organization and detailed-oriented
- Good team spirit
RGA Canada is part of an internationally growing company and offers a dynamic team environment.
Visit our Internet site : www.rgare.com to find out more about us.