In 2022, RGA ranked #1 for the 12th consecutive year on NMG Consulting's Global All Respondents Business Capability Index, based on feedback from life and health insurance companies worldwide.
RGA's culture stresses high performance and collaboration, and the company hires the smartest people in the industry. And, the smart people they hire are not just number crunchers. RGA values creativity and curiosity. RGA also values humility, and its employees work together without ego to bring value to RGA while revolutionizing the life and health insurance space.
The Senior Assistant Actuary performs pricing, modeling, risk analysis, structuring, and other activities related to specific new business development opportunities for the Global Financial Solutions business unit.
- Assist to perform pricing, modeling, risk analysis, and structuring activities on new or proposed transactions, or amendments to existing transactions, for the Global Financial Solutions business unit in a timely manner consistent with applicable standards.
- Assess and analyze risk exposure in potential transactions and prepare documentation of these risks in detailed risk analysis reports.
- Perform key analysis on experience study and transactions.
- Develop and maintain adequate and timely documentation of personal work that complies with relevant ASOPs.
- Assist to build proof-of-concept models for new opportunities or new reinsurance solutions for our clients.
- Perform peer review on the work of other actuaries.
- Assist risk management personnel with monitoring experience of in-force treaties.
- Participate in key unit and ad-hoc department projects as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics, Computer Science or related field.
- ASA accreditation, and successful progress towards FSA designation.
- Minimum of 4 years of actuarial experience in life insurance/reinsurance.
- Life and Annuity track SOA progression is a desired asset.
- Modeling experience would be an ideal asset.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated understanding of key insurance-related concepts, including life and annuity products, reinsurance contracts, and basic GAAP, Statutory, and tax accounting principles.
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including database applications, spreadsheets, statistical programs and actuarial software (AXIS, Prophet, MG-ALFA or equivalent).
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received by all stakeholders.
- Competent project management skills. Demonstrates an ability to evaluate project
objectives and scope for feasibility and understanding.
- Advanced investigative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to work effectively with different disciplines.
- Broad business knowledge.
- Expertise in AXIS, Prophet and/or MG-ALFA would be a desired asset.
- Advanced knowledge of life insurance, health insurance, longevity, and/or annuity products would be an ideal asset.
- Advanced knowledge of key financial reporting, accounting, and solvency regimes, including (but not limited to): US GAAP, US Statutory, and US tax; IFRS; MCEV / EV / EEV; and Solvency II would be an asset
- Ability to challenge and enhance our analytical capabilities is always desired.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated(NYSE: RGA ) is one of the largest global life and health reinsurance companies. With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, RGA supports clients and partners around the world through innovative approaches and customized solutions. Founded in 1973, RGA celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2023.
- We are the only global reinsurance company to focus primarily on life- and health-related reinsurance solutions.
- Our core products and services include life reinsurance, living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, health reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting, and product development.
- RGA ranks #222 on the 2022 Fortune 500 list. The list ranks U.S.-based companies by total revenue.
- RGA has been named to Fortune magazine's 2023 list of the World's Most Admired Companies.
- RGA has approximately$3.4 trillionof life reinsurance in force and assets of$84.7 billionas ofDecember 31, 2022.
RGA aims to evolve RGA workplaces and the communities in which RGA has a presence, into more diverse, equitable and inclusive environments. We will create a culture where individuals are valued, feel a sense of belonging, and are respected for their differences - a workplace where all employees are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential.
Our individual, social, economic, and cultural identities shape and influence our experiences and perspectives. Therefore, to do our best work RGA will ensure diversity in our workforce across the various dimensions of social, interpersonal, and cultural identity - and by practicing inclusivity in how we work with one another. Inclusion in our workplace is a step towards our purpose of making financial protection accessible to all .
We support hybrid and flexible ways of working and would welcome a discussion on how we can balance what is important to you with business requirements during the recruitment process.
Visit our 2022 Annual Review site, https://rgaannualreview.com , to find out more about us.
The general pay range for this position is $92,000 to $140,000 per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location. In addition, RGA provides an annual bonus plan that includes all roles and some positions are eligible for participation in our long-term equity incentive plan. RGA also maintains a full range of health, retirement and other employee benefits.