TheAssociate Actuary, Global Analytics & Inforce Management, as a member of Global Analytics and Inforce Management team will support all aspects of the team, including Inforce Management, Strategic Risk and Analytics, and Enterprise Capital Standards with specific focus to supporting the financial and risk measurement project, which addresses the changes to how performance of in force business is measured post-LDTI. Such support may include analysis of how capital models are affected by LTDI and performance measurement of business post-LTDI. In addition, the team member is to develop a deep understanding of RGA internal capital model and leverage company expertise to maintain and improve assumptions and calculations.
- Perform analyses to increase understanding of block performance impacts from LDTI.
- Apply investigative skill and analytical methods to look behind the numbers, evaluate alternative methods to block performance measurement, and make recommendations.
- Summarize and communicate findings, results, and contextual information with clear and impactful messaging appropriate to audience and purpose
- Participate in the ongoing development and governance of RGA's Principles-Based Economic Capital models
- Compile projection of rating agency capital under various scenarios
- Collaborate with various businesses and Corporate Modeling to better understand the key risks facing RGA and ensure that the Company is adequately capitalized for them. Review projection results to help uncover anomalies and shifts in the business, validating for reasonableness.
- Assist with the analysis and compilation of RGA's Own Risk & Solvency Assessment (ORSA).
- Collaborate with risk management associates to describe current company risk management practices and plans, and help identify any shortfalls
- Assist other team members with data compilation, validation and analysis related to inforce management.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- 6+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance/reinsurance
- 3+ years actuarial experience in reinsurance valuation and/or financial reporting
- Experience with ORSA, Solvency II, or rating agency capital regimes
- Experience with GAAP, Statutory, and Tax accounting and reporting and other forms of financial and risk measurement such as embedded value and capital frameworks
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced PC and technical skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
- Advanced investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
- Expert ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Advanced skills in customer relationship management and change management
- Ability to manage multiple projects or teams and set applicable goals
- Advanced negotiating and persuasion skills
- Advanced ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- General business knowledge
- Advanced project management skills. Demonstrates an ability to evaluate project objectives and scope for feasibility and understanding
- Advanced knowledge of actuarial mathematics and experience analysis concepts and techniques
- Ability to compile, analyze, refine, and interpret large amounts of data
- Knowledge of RGA's pricing, valuation and/or financial reporting standards, systems and processes (or similar)
- Intermediate knowledge of database applications (Oracle, SQL, Alteryx, or equivalent)
- Computer programming skills (Visual Basic or equivalent)
- Reinsurance industry and product knowledge
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.