More than anything, RGA employees love their jobs because it's challenging work. We believe smart people work smarter when they're empowered. When they use logic, balanced with creativity and curiosity. At the forefront of RGA's culture is collaboration - a must to be successful within our organization. These are just a few of the attributes we are looking for in a Sr. Actuarial Assistantto join our team.
A Sr. Actuarial Assistant is a strong contributor within a high performing group that performs financial reporting and analysis for a wide range of domestic and international products for RGA's Global Financial Solutions (GFS) business segment. Products include Deferred Annuities (fixed, equity-indexed and variable), Immediate Annuities, Unit-Linked, Longevity Swaps and Derivatives.
The role contributes to the development and enhancement of the financial forecasting infrastructure and analytic foundation across the segment by developing/maintaining actuarial models and processes. It is expected that the successful candidate provide general valuation, financial analysis, and project assistance as needed.
- Develops, maintains, and/or reviews actuarial models in Prophet and other applications, including setting up and maintaining appropriate assumptions.
- Performs detailed US Statutory, Tax, and GAAP valuation work for assigned business, ensures these items are appropriately documented and posted, and assists with identifying changing requirements and adapting to maintain compliance.
- Develops unbiased projections for financial planning and analysis and assists with communication of financial analytics and results in terms of major drivers of variance.
- Leads financial analysis and reporting on transactions as data becomes available
- Anticipate how data changes as experience develops to ensure logic is adequate for the current period as well as future periods
- Serves as a liaison and communicates effectively with other valuation, pricing, administration, systems, accounting, audit, and finance associates
- Performs valuation work and ad-hoc department projects as needed and called upon
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance
- Performs other duties as required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- ASA exams: 5 of: P, FM, IFM, STAM, LTAM, SRM, PA, or FAP1
- 2+ years of actuarial experience
- Master's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- Willingness to pursue FSA accreditation
- 3+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance/reinsurance
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL or equivalent technology), spreadsheets, statistical programs and actuarial software (Prophet, AXIS, or equivalent).
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to work effectively with different disciplines, including pricing, finance, accounting, systems, and administration.
- Ability to compile, analyze, refine, and interpret large amounts of financial data/results and model projections.
- Complex analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Competent knowledge and understanding of actuarial and accounting concepts.
- Ability to work independently and to work well within a team environment and participate in department projects.
- Expertise in Prophet, and/or AXIS (or equivalent actuarial software).
- Advanced understanding of US GAAP.
- Life insurance/reinsurance industry and product knowledge.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development.
With operations in 26 countries, we support our clients and partners around the world with innovative approaches and customized solutions. What do you think? Better yet, how do you think? Have we piqued your curiosity? Consider a career with RGA. It's the logical choice.