Reporting to Associate Director, Asia Valuation, HK - Regional Valuation, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the Asian region on US GAAP financial reporting and analysis, Prophet model development, experience study and assumption reviews, embedded value reporting, business planning and various other global and regional initiatives. The role will also gain global exposure through involvement in various global projects such as IFRS 17 implementation and US GAAP targeted improvements.
- Support production of the quarterly US GAAP results and annual business plan, as well as US Stat, US Tax, local regulatory and local FRS for assigned markets;
- Modeling of key business on Prophet;
- Support analysis of quarterly US GAAP results against business plan for assigned markets;
- Support regional initiatives to improve consistency of reporting throughout the region;
- Assist in improvements to process controls in the region;
- Assist in providing training and guidance to the region on existing and emerging reporting bases;
- Assist in the review of embedded value results in the region;
- Provide Prophet modelling assistance for the region;
- Liaise with Prophet model steward for any suggested changes in Prophet code in the region;
- Support experience investigations in the region as required;
- Support valuation initiatives in the region as needed and called upon.
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Studies or equivalent and progress towards actuarial examinations;
- Prophet modeling experience and a strong understanding of Excel, VBA and SQL are preferred;
- Strong analytical and data management skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; and
- Highly motivated, conceptual thinker who is able to collaborate in a team environment or work independently and take a leadership role in a wide variety of assignments.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting, and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
We believe smart people work smarter when they are empowered - when they use logic, but embrace creative problem solving; when their curiosity is encouraged to further innovation; and when they are recognized for seeking out the unknown. It is with this philosophy that RGA engages our workforce to realize that true change happens when smart people collaborate for the good of a company, the industry and the world. Working for RGA - it's the logical choice.