Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is a global industry leader specializing in life and health reinsurance and financial solutions that help clients effectively manage risk and optimize capital. Founded in 1973, RGA celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2023. Over the past five decades, RGA has become one of the world's largest and most respected reinsurers and is guided by a fundamental purpose: to make financial protection accessible to all.
RGA has been named to Fortune magazine's 2023 list of the World's Most Admired Companies, an acknowledgement that reflects our legacy of innovation, dedicated client focus, community responsibility, commitment to diversity, and long-term value creation. RGA serves clients and partners in key markets around the world and has approximately $3.3 trillion of life reinsurance in force and assets of $82.7 billion as of September 30, 2022. To learn more about RGA and its businesses, visit www.rgare.com .
Reporting to Chief Valuation Actuary, Japan Valuation, this position will be responsible for providing support to the Japan Valuation on US GAAP financial reporting and analysis, Prophet model development, experience study and assumption reviews, embedded value reporting, business planning and various other global/regional/local initiatives. The role will also gain global exposure through involvement in various global projects such as US GAAP LDTI.
- Support production of the quarterly/monthly US GAAP results and annual business plan, as well as US Stat, US Tax, local regulatory
- Modeling of key business on Prophet
- Support analysis of quarterly/monthly US GAAP results against business plan
- Assist in improvements to process controls
- Assist in the review of embedded value/PBEC results
- Support experience investigations and assumption governance
- Support valuation initiatives in the globe/region/Japan as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Studies or equivalent and progress towards actuarial examinations
- 3 years or more experience in actuarial practice for life insurance (including reinsurance ) industry
- Fundamental knowledge of the Insurance Business Law and relative regulations
- Fundamental knowledge of the insurance industry and various types of insurance products
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written Japanese
- Good communication skills - verbal and written English
- Modeling experience and a strong understanding of Excel, VBA and SQL are preferred
- Strong analytical and data management skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly motivated, conceptual thinker who is able to collaborate in a team environment or work independently and take a leadership role in a wide variety of assignments