More than anything, RGA employees love their jobs because it's challenging work. We believe smart people work smarter when they're empowered. When they use logic, balanced with creativity and curiosity. At the forefront of RGA's culture is collaboration - a must to be successful within our organization. These are just a few of the attributes we are looking for in a Senior Actuarial Assistant to join our team.
The Actuarial Assistant performs valuation/financial reporting and analysis for the US Traditional Division of RGA. Contributes to the maintenance and enhancement of the financial forecasting infrastructure and analytic foundation by developing/maintaining actuarial data, assumptions, models and processes used not only for valuation, but also to support unbiased planning, reporting, economic capital refinement, embedded value calculation, capital planning, cash flow testing, and other such uses. Provides general valuation, financial analysis, and project assistance.
- Under supervision, maintains, and/or reviews actuarial data, assumptions, methods, and models in Prophet and other applications.
- Performs detailed Statutory, Tax, and GAAP valuation work for assigned business, ensures these items are appropriately documented and posted, and assists with identifying changing requirements and adapting to maintain compliance.
- Develops unbiased projections for financial planning and analysis and assists with communication of financial analytics and results in terms of major drivers of variance.
- Collaborates with other valuation, pricing, administration, systems, accounting, audit, and finance associates.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Statistics, Actuarial Science, or a related field
- 1+exams of the following: P, FM, IFM, LTAM, STAM, SRM, PA, FAP exam 1, or FAP exam 2 (or transfer credit from prior exam versions)
- 0+ years actuarial experience in life insurance or life reinsurance
- Reinsurance experience
- Experience with Prophet
- Master's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- Willingness to pursue FSA accreditation
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL
or equivalent technology), spreadsheets, statistical programs and actuarial software (Prophet, MoSes, TAS, AXIS, or equivalent).
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received by all stakeholders, including customers and associates.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to work effectively with different disciplines, including pricing, finance, accounting, systems, and administration.
- Ability to model various insurance products and reinsurance structures.
- Complex analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of life, health, and/or annuity products.
- Knowledge of GAAP, Statutory, and Tax valuation and financial reporting.
- Ability to work independently and to work well within a team environment and participate in department projects.
- Understanding of US GAAP SFAS 60.
- Understanding of US Statutory reserving requirements.
- Knowledge of Prophet, MoSes, or other Valuation programs
- Reinsurance industry and product knowledge.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.