Performs reporting duties and supports senior actuaries by developing/maintaining actuarial models used to support planning, reporting, and other actuarial related duties; work for assigned group health blocks; and provides technical support in the form of desktop applications, relational databases, homegrown actuarial software, and commercial actuarial software. Interacts with other RGA departments and offices to ensure that department work products are portrayed correctly, understood, and completed in a timely fashion.
- Develops, maintains, and/or reviews actuarial models for assigned blocks of business.
- Provides assistance with the enhancement of assigned group health blocks; and provides technical support in the form of desktop applications, relational databases, homegrown actuarial software, and commercial actuarial software.
- Provides support to senior actuaries and assists with special projects.
- Serves as a liaison with other associates.
- Participates in the development and enhancement of underlying processes and recommends improvements.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- 1 of P, FM, IFM, LTAM, STAM, SRM, and or PA actuarial exams completed
- Master's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- 1+ years of actuarial experience in health insurance
Skills and Abilities
- Strong PC and technical skills, including database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL or equivalent technology), spreadsheets, statistical programs and actuarial software.
- Ability to compile, analyze, refine, and interpret large amounts of financial data/results and model projections.
- Competent knowledge and understanding of actuarial concepts.
- Ability to be flexible when needed, take initiative, and demonstrate accountability.
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills, demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
- Ability to set goals, multitask and prioritize workload.
- Intermediate investigative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives.
- Intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions.
- Ability to foster customer service as needed.
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines and work well with all levels of management.
- General business knowledge.
- Ability to program in visual basic or equivalent.
- Competent understanding of key insurance-related concepts, including commercial and government health products, reinsurance contracts, and basic GAAP, Statutory, and tax accounting principles.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting, and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
RGA offers an array of benefits including flexible plans for medical, dental and vision coverage; 401(k) plan with generous employer match; Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance; Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage; Employee Assistance Program; Paid Time Off; and other benefits designed to provide the flexibility to choose a plan that meets your needs. Pay is based on a number of factors including market data, a candidate's skills and experience commensurate with a role, etc. Colorado residents' salary range: $58,305 - $82,810 + bonus.
We believe smart people work smarter when they are empowered - when they use logic, but embrace creative problem solving; when their curiosity is encouraged to further innovation; and when they are recognized for seeking out the unknown. It is with this philosophy that RGA engages our workforce to realize that true change happens when smart people collaborate for the good of a company, the industry, and the world. Working for RGA - it's the logical choice.