RGA's culture stresses high performance and collaboration, and the company hires the smartest people in the industry. And, the smart people they hire are not just number crunchers. RGA values creativity and curiosity. RGA also values humility, and its employees work together without ego to bring value to RGA while revolutionizing the life and health insurance space.
The Actuarial Assistant, ALM will be responsible for production of ALM measurements, asset modeling, and will collaborate with the ALM team in the implementation and coordination of a consistent, integrated ALM framework across the global organization. Performs reporting duties, provides technical support in the form of desktop applications, relational databases, and commercial software. He/she supports senior actuaries by developing/maintaining actuarial models used to perform asset liability management, asset projections, and other ALM related duties. Interacts with other RGA departments and offices to ensure that department work products are portrayed correctly, understood, and completed in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for quarterly ALM measurement package production
- Maintain and update ALM measurement model and its integrity including preprocessing of structured and unstructured data, verifying calculation logics and processes, and analyzing and communicating the results
- Supports the production of actuarial assets projections including those used for financial reporting and ALM analysis
- Supports the development and implementation of tools to calculate and communicate key market risk and ALM metrics throughout the RGA Enterprise
- Participates and leads ALM meetings and discussions with Business Units
Education and Experience
- Experience in automation and process improvement
- Experience with FIS Prophet or other actuarial modeling system
- Actuarialexams: 1 + of P, FM, IFM, STAM, LTAM, SRM, PA or FAP exams
- ALM / risk management experience
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA)
- CFA Program participant
- Experience in handling large amounts of data
- Experience in asset modeling
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL or equivalent technology), spreadsheets, statistical programs and actuarial software
- Intermediate technical skills related to simulation of asset and liability cash flows, capital markets and asset management strategies
- Basic knowledge of life, health and annuity products
- Analytical mind and business acumen, problem-solving aptitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Willing to challenge the status quo
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, and balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to work well within a team environment and participate in department projects
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to work effectively with different disciplines, including pricing, finance, accounting, systems and administration
- Ability to compile, analyze, refine and interpret large amounts of financial data/results and model projections
- Intermediate understanding of key insurance-related concepts, including life & annuity products, reinsurance contracts, economic capital, and basic GAAP, Statutory and tax accounting principles
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
The general pay range for this position is $61,855 to $87,855 per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location. In addition, RGA provides an annual bonus plan that includes all roles and some positions are eligible for participation in our long-term equity incentive plan. RGA also maintains a full range of health, retirement and other employee benefits.