The Actuarial Assistant, Global Valuation will performs valuation/financial reporting and analysis for the US Mortality segment of RGA. Support the maintenance and enhancement of the financial forecasting infrastructure and analytic foundation across the segment by developing/maintaining actuarial assumptions, methods, models and processes used not only for valuation, but also to support unbiased planning, reporting, economic capital refinement, embedded value calculation, capital planning, cash flow testing, and other such uses. Provides general valuation, financial analysis, and project assistance.
- Develops, maintains, and/or reviews actuarial assumptions, methods, and models in the valuation system and other applications.
- Performs detailed Statutory, Tax, and GAAP valuation work for assigned business, ensures these items are appropriately documented and posted, and assists with identifying changing requirements and adapting to maintain compliance.
- Assists unbiased projections for financial planning and analysis and assists with communication of financial analytics and results in terms of major drivers of variance.
- Provides support to senior actuaries and assists with special projects.
- Serves as a liaison with other associates.
- Performs valuation work and ad-hoc department projects as needed and called upon.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- At least one of P, FM, IFM, LTAM, STAM, SRM, PA or FAP actuarial exams completed
- Master's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- At least three of P, FM, IFM, LTAM, STAM, SRM, PA or FAP actuarial exams completed
- 1+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance
Skills & Abilities
- Intermediate PC and technical skills, including database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL, Tableau or equivalent technology), spreadsheets, statistical programs and actuarial software (MoSes, Prophet, AXIS, or equivalent)
- Ability to compile, analyze, refine, and interpret large amounts of financial data/results and model projections
- Competent knowledge and understanding of actuarial concepts
- Ability to be flexible when needed, take initiative, and demonstrate accountability
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
- Intermediate level of investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to set goals, multitask and prioritize workload
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Intermediate interpersonal skills
- Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Ability to foster customer service as needed
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines and work well with all levels of management
- General business knowledge
- Competent in Prophet, MoSes, and/or AXIS
- Ability to program in SQL or equivalent database language
- Competent understanding of key insurance-related concepts, including life & annuity products, reinsurance contracts, and basic GAAP, Statutory, and tax accounting principles
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
State of Colorado: This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $60,055 to $85,295 per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location. In addition, RGA compensation includes an annual bonus plan that includes all roles and maintains a full range of competitive health and life insurance, retirement and other employee benefits.