The position is responsible for providing timely and responsive actuarial services to our clients and assists senior actuarial staff in the pricing, product design and development, structuring financial solutions, actuarial modeling and providing actuarial support to underwriting and special distributions.
The position will be expected to carry out the following core responsibilities:
• Provide pricing and risk analysis support to RGA Taiwan by developing and maintaining computer models and financial projections of reinsurance proposals.
• Analyze and report on client experience provided with quotations for new reinsurance opportunities or reviews of existing terms.
• Assist with the maintenance of pricing bases for business written in Taiwan.
• Follow the RGA guidelines for technical pricing and actuarial modeling.
• Maintain close liaison with the Regional Actuarial and Underwriting teams across RGA offices.
Other responsibilities include:
• Assist in the design and review of Reinsurance Treaty terms and conditions to ensure accuracy and consistency with the pricing of the business.
• Travel for short term durations as required (1 - 2 weeks anticipated length of each trip).
• Client contact as required.
• Other duties as directed.
• University graduated
• ASA designation (or equivalent) is preferable.
• At least 3 years' to 8 year's experience in the insurance market. Knowledge of local markets and reinsurance or past experience in consulting environment is preferable.
• Fluency in English and Mandarin.