RGA's culture stresses high performance and collaboration, and the company hires the smartest people in the industry. And, the smart people they hire are not just number crunchers. RGA values creativity and curiosity. RGA also values humility, and its employees work together without ego to bring value to RGA while revolutionizing the life and health insurance space.
The Actuary, ALMwill lead Prophet Asset model development including but not limited to adopting new Prophet and ALS library versions, leading new initiatives, researching and developing new features, communicate with software vendor, and provide long term vision on Prophet Asset model. Collaborate with Prophet Governance team in the implementation and coordination of a consistent, integrated Prophet ALS framework and underlying codes across the global organization. Provides technical support in the form of model developments and enhancements. Interacts with other RGA departments and offices to ensure that department work products are portrayed correctly, understood, and completed in a timely fashion.
- Leading Prophet Asset Model development for adopting new Prophet and ALS library versions, leading new initiatives, researching and developing new features in Prophet suites.
- Provide long term vision of Prophet Asset Model and influence and promoting best practice to other Dept where utilizing Prophet ALS
- Collaborate and coordinate Prophet Asset model development and governance framework with Prophet model governance team
- Collaborate with Asset CF production team on Prophet upgrade, model enhancement, and adoption efforts
- Member of certain Business unit / Investment ALM committees. Facilitate analysis and review of the BU ALM and identify value add portfolio allocation actions. Lead and implement best practices for management of market risks
- Assists with projects to coordinate, develop and implement ALM analysis, assessment, and reporting.
- Provides support to senior management and assists with special projects.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- FSA Certification
- 7+ years of actuarial experience
- Minimum 5 years of Prophet & ALS Asset modeling experience
- ALM / risk management experience or Product pricing/valuation experience
- 10+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance/reinsurance
- Advance knowledge on Asset modeling and derivative instruments.
- Advanced understanding of US GAAP/LDTI and IFRS17.
- Master's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL or equivalent technology), spreadsheets, statistical programs and actuarial software (Prophet, AXIS, or equivalent).
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and to work well within a team environment and participate in department projects.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to work effectively with different disciplines, including pricing, finance, accounting, systems, and administration.
- Ability to compile, analyze, refine, and interpret large amounts of financial data/results and model projections.
- Complex analytical and problem solving skills.
- Competent knowledge and understanding of actuarial and accounting concepts.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
RGA offers an array of benefits including flexible plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage; 401(k) plan with generous employer match; Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance; Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage; Employee Assistance Program; Paid Time Off; and other benefits designed to provide the flexibility to choose a plan that meets your needs. Pay is based on a number of factors including local market, a candidate's skills, and experience commensurate with a role, etc. Colorado residents' salary range: $125,435 to $191,760 + Annual Bonus.