A member of Global Capital and Analytics, supporting all aspects of the team, including capital governance and Own Risk & Solvency Assessment, with specific focus to supporting and enhancing RGA capital and risk management processes by examining risk distributions and capital adequacy for internal and external uses. Team member is to develop a deep understanding of RGA internal capital models, leverage company expertise to maintain and improve assumptions and calculations, and share knowledge of capital models with internal and external audiences.
- Review processes and calculations related to RGA's internal capital model to identify areas of improvement and identify resources needed for implementation
- Collaborate with various businesses and Corporate Modeling to better understand the key risks facing RGA and ensure that RGA is adequately capitalized for them. Review projection results to help uncover anomalies and shifts in the business, validating for reasonableness.
- Assist in the development and measurement of company-wide risk tolerances
- Leverage analytical tools and methods to evaluate risk and return profile of RGA's business to develop insights to support inforce business and risk management.
- Assist with the analysis and compilation of RGA's Own Risk & Solvency Assessment (ORSA).
- Assist other team members with data compilation, validation and analysis related to analytics and strategic risk.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- FSA for at least five years
- 10+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance/reinsurance
- 3+ years actuarial experience in reinsurance valuation and/or financial reporting
- Experience with ORSA, Solvency II, ICS or rating agency capital regimes
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced PC and technical skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
- Advanced investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
- Ability to work through others to accomplish goals
- Expert ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Advanced skills in customer relationship management and change management
- Ability to manage multiple projects or teams and set applicable goals
- Advanced negotiating and persuasion skills
- Advanced ability to lead individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- General business knowledge
- Advanced project management skills. Demonstrates an ability to evaluate project objectives and scope for feasibility and understanding
- Advanced knowledge of actuarial mathematics and experience analysis concepts and techniques
- Ability to compile, analyze, refine, and interpret large amounts of data
- Knowledge regarding multiple products, risks, and geographic differences
- Knowledge of RGA's pricing, valuation and/or financial reporting standards, systems and processes (or similar)
- Intermediate knowledge of database and visualization applications (Alteryx, Access, Oracle, SQL, Tableau or equivalent)
- Computer programming skills (Visual Basic or equivalent)
- Reinsurance industry and product knowledge
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.