A leader within a high performing group thatis focused on model development, maintenance, and governance for a wide range of US and international products for the Global Financial Solutions (GFS) business segment underlying RGA's Non-Traditional reinsurance treaties. Products include Variable and Fixed annuities, Fixed Index Annuities, SPIAs, and Longevity Swaps, and direct insurance and reinsurance of Pension Risk Transfer.
While the focus is on modeling products and regulations for reporting and planning, the role also includes some elements of production and analysis of results, including US GAAP and Statutory reserves, Tax, Solvency II, ORSA, Cash Flow Testing, Economic Capital, Embedded Value, plan, and management analysis requests
Communication with key executives at RGA along with maintaining excellent relationships with the Finance and GFS Pricing & Risk Management teams are components of the role.
- Leads individual modeling projects including onboarding of new treaties, model enhancements, regulatory changes, governance and transparency capabilities, and metrics to support financial reporting
- Ensures models are compliant with statutory, Tax, and GAAP regulations for non-traditional business, including documentation
- Adheres to and drives improvements to the standard model governance and documentation framework
- Develops expertise across all aspects of models and acts as a go-to resource for troubleshooting and answering questions coming from the reporting/analysis teams on model characteristics and behavior
- Provides oversight and direction to junior actuarial/financial associates in the department. May perform supervisory duties including, but not limited to, hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, and disciplining direct reports. Fosters a positive and engaged work environment. Mentors associates and gives guidance on associate development.
- Provides ongoing support to RGA's global actuarial projects.
- Serves as a liaison with other lines of business and company functions/departments to promote improvement in valuation and financial analysis for assigned business
- Performs valuation work and ad-hoc department projects as needed and called upon.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics, or related field
- FSA accreditation or equivalent
- 7+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance/reinsurance
- Experience with open actuarial valuation or projection models, including Prophet, MoSes, MG-ALFA, Algo FM, or equivalent
- MAAA accreditation
- CFA, PRMIA PRM, GARP FRM, or other such financial risk management designation
- Prior management experience
- Advanced experience with Prophet
- Stochastic modeling and/or asset liability management experience
- Familiarity with deferred and immediate annuities, including equity-indexed and/or variable annuities
- Familiarity with fixed income investments, understanding of asset modeling techniques and capital markets.
- Expert knowledge of local regulatory environments
- Reinsurance industry and/or merger and acquisition experience
- Understanding of pension and other longevity products
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL
- or equivalent technology), spreadsheets, or statistical programs
- Ability to independently work with open actuarial software, including Prophet, MoSes, MG-ALFA, Algo FM, or equivalent
- Highly advanced ability to model various insurance products and reinsurance structures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of life insurance, longevity, institutional and/or annuity products
- Expert knowledge of GAAP, Statutory, and Tax valuation and financial reporting.
- Highly advanced people management skills, demonstrating the ability to lead, mentor, and develop associates; including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility
- Highly advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received by all stakeholders, including customers and associates.
- Highly advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to work effectively with different disciplines, including pricing, investments, accounting, systems, and administration.
- Highly advanced project management skills. Demonstrates an ability to evaluate project
objectives and scope for feasibility and understanding.
- Highly advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Highly advanced ability to manage multiple projects and/or teams simultaneously
- Highly advanced ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- Highly advanced persuasion and negotiation skills when working with internal/external customers
- Highly advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Ability to work independently and to work well within a team environment and participate in department projects.
- Expertise in model governance practices, including model stewardship
RGA offers an array of benefits including flexible plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage; 401(k) plan with generous employer match; Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance; Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage; Employee Assistance Program; Paid Time Off; and other benefits designed to provide the flexibility to choose a plan that meets your needs. Pay is based on a number of factors including local market, a candidate's skills, and experience commensurate with a role, etc. Colorado residents' salary range: $121,780 to $186,175 + Annual Bonus.