RGA's culture stresses high performance and collaboration, and the company hires the smartest people in the industry. And, the smart people they hire are not just number crunchers. RGA values creativity and curiosity. RGA also values humility, and its employees work together without ego to bring value to RGA while revolutionizing the life and health insurance space.
The Actuary, Pricing - US Mortality Markets (USMM) develops pricing and risk analysis for opportunities within RGA's US Mortality Markets. Provides critical pricing information and actuarial expertise for key stakeholders including department management, Business Development and Facultative Underwriting. Performs appropriate review and/or development of financial projections for potential reinsurance transactions.
- Provides pricing and risk analysis to set the parameters for US Mortality Markets new reinsurance transactions.
- Works closely with Business Development or acquisition team to understand the risks and reinsurance needs.
- Directs development, develops and/or reviews financial models of reinsurance transactions.
- Sets assumptions based on thorough risk analysis including experience analysis.
- Maintains documentation of pricing analysis including assumptions used, experience analysis performed, results analysis and peer review.
- Reviews treaty language pertaining to pricing analysis.
- Follows RGA pricing standards.
- Provides pricing and product information to USMM administration.
- Fosters a positive and engaged work environment.
- Participates in special projects, committees, meetings and client presentations as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- FSA accreditation
- 7+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance and/or reinsurance
- Member, American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA)
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced actuarial technical skills
- Highly advanced knowledge of life insurance products
- Intermediate PC skills and intermediate understanding of actuarial systems - including spreadsheet, database, and actuarial projection tools (AXIS, TAS, ALFA, MoSes)
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of reinsurance concepts and methods
- Advanced ability to model various insurance products and reinsurance structures
- Intermediate ability to challenge and enhance analytical capabilities
- Intermediate understanding of GAAP, statutory and tax accounting and reporting
- Highly advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received
- Highly advanced investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Expert ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Advanced skills in customer relationship management and change management
- Highly advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Highly advanced ability to manage multiple projects and/or teams simultaneously
- Highly advanced ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- Highly advanced persuasion and negotiation skills when working with internal/external customers
- Adaptable, self-starting, and team-oriented
- Must be able to travel as required.
- Advanced knowledge of AXIS
- Familiarity with database applications.
- Advanced life insurance and/or reinsurance industry and product knowledge.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
State of Colorado: This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $125,435 to $191,760 per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location. In addition, RGA compensation includes an annual bonus plan that includes all roles and maintains a full range of competitive health and life insurance, retirement and other employee benefits.