TheActuary, Structured Finance contributes to the completion of key projects in Structured Finance by developing deal models, and serves as the appointed actuary and primary actuarial contact for state regulators and external auditors. Develops pricing and/or risk management analyses for use by potential financing providers, developing appropriate financial results and projections of potential or existing reinsurance transactions.
- Develops and/or reviews financial results and projections for potential or existing reinsurance transactions.
- Provides assistance with the design of reinsurance structures and/or asset liability management analyses.
- Provides the assessment of financial results and projections of RGA's onshore captive s for communication to the officers of the captives and/or company management.
- Works to ensure that the risks for all assigned deals have been modeled in a reasonable, accurate, and repeatable manner.
- Monitors in force transactions to ensure risks taken are appropriately communicated, and to explain variance from expected to regulators and financing partners.
- Fosters positive relationships with key stakeholders (ex.s: outside finance providers, regulators, auditors, and corporate actuarial and regulatory reporting departments).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- FSA accreditation
- 7+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance
- FSA accreditation
- MAAA accreditation
- Understanding of capital management structures, including the interaction of debt, surplus notes, and equity.
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including spreadsheets and actuarial software.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received by all stakeholders, including regulators, finance providers, external actuarial advisors, and associates.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to work effectively with different disciplines, including pricing, investments, finance, valuation, tax, systems, and administration.
- Advanced ability to model various insurance products and reinsurance structures.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate project objectives and scope for feasibility and understanding.
- Highly advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Expert knowledge of life, health, and/or annuity products.
- Ability to work independently and to work well within a team environment and participate in department projects.
- Expertise in MoSes, TAS, and/or AXIS.
- Understanding of asset modeling techniques and capital markets.
- Familiarity with basic principles of economic-based financial reporting frameworks, such as Economic Capital, Embedded Value, and RAROC
- Familiarity with database applications.
- Familiarity with life insurance reporting standards, including: statutory, tax, and GAAP reporting.
- Reinsurance industry and product knowledge.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
State of Colorado: This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $129,200 to $197,515 per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location. In addition, RGA compensation includes an annual bonus plan that includes all roles and maintains a full range of competitive health and life insurance, retirement and other employee benefits.