RGA's culture stresses high performance and collaboration, and the company hires the smartest people in the industry. The smart people they hire are not just number crunchers. RGA values creativity and curiosity. RGA also values humility, and its employees work together without ego to bring value to RGA while revolutionizing the life and health insurance space.
The Assistant Actuary, a member of Enterprise Risk Analytics, Global Risk Services team, supports all aspects of the team, including Own Risk & Solvency Assessment (ORSA), model risk management, and risk analytics. He/she will develop an understanding of RGA globally and contribute to the maintenance, development and improvement in assumptions, calculations, and processes of the above initiatives.
Participate in the production of RGA's Own Risk & Solvency Assessment (ORSA). Support the development and implementation of RGA's enterprise Model Risk Management (MRM) framework.
- Collaborate with various businesses units, Valuation department, and Corporate Modeling to produce the financial projections for ORSA reporting. Review projection results to help uncover anomalies and shifts in the business, validating for reasonableness. Support the enhancement of the ORSA process.
- Collaborate with risk management associates to understand current company risk management practices and help identify any shortfalls. Support the development and the implementation of enterprise model risk management framework.
- Assist other team members with data compilation, validation and investigative analysis related to the above, looking behind the numbers to assess business impacts, make recommendations and drive key strategic decision making within RGA.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- ASA or above
- 3+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance/reinsurance
- Experience in reinsurance valuation and/or financial reporting
- Experience with ORSA, Solvency II, or rating agency capital regimes
- Experience with GAAP, Statutory, and Tax accounting and reporting and other forms of financial and risk measurement such as embedded value and capital frameworks
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced PC and technical skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
- Advanced investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
- Expert ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Advanced skills in customer relationship management and change management
- Ability to manage multiple projects or teams and set applicable goals
- Advanced negotiating and persuasion skills
- Advanced ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- General business knowledge
- Advanced project management skills. Demonstrates an ability to evaluate project objectives and scope for feasibility and understanding
- Advanced knowledge of actuarial mathematics and experience analysis concepts and techniques
- Ability to compile, analyze, refine, and interpret large amounts of data
- Knowledge of RGA's pricing, valuation and/or financial reporting standards, systems and processes (or similar)
- Intermediate knowledge of database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL, TOAD, or equivalent)
- Computer programming skills (Visual Basic or equivalent)
- Reinsurance industry and product knowledge
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
RGA offers an array of benefits including flexible plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage; 401(k) plan with generous employer match; Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance; Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage; Employee Assistance Program; Paid Time Off; and other benefits designed to provide the flexibility to choose a plan that meets your needs. Pay is based on a number of factors including local market, a candidate's skills, and experience commensurate with a role, etc. Colorado residents' salary range: $80,380K-$121,345K plus bonus.