More than anything, RGA employees love their jobs because it's challenging work. We believe smart people work smarter when they're empowered. When they use logic, balanced with creativity and curiosity. At the forefront of RGA's culture is collaboration - a must to be successful within our organization. These are just a few of the attributes we are looking for in this Assistant Actuary, Pension Risk Transfer Pricing professional to join our team.
The Assistant Actuary, Pension Risk Transfer Pricing position performs pricing, modeling, risk analysis, underwriting, and other activities related to specific new business development and transaction opportunities for the Pension Risk Transfer (PRT) business in Global Financial Solutions (GFS) business unit of RGA. Collaborate and coordinate with multiple internal stakeholders and corporate partners to meet and exceed PRT business objectives.
- Perform pricing, modeling, analysis, and structuring activities on new or proposed PRT transactions in a timely manner consistent with applicable standards.
- Provide updates on ongoing progress to supervisor, other Global Financial Solutions personnel, and senior management.
- Assess and analyze risk exposure in potential transactions, develop solutions or mitigation techniques for the same, and prepare documentation of these risks in detailed risk analysis reports.
- Collaborate and coordinate with multiple internal stakeholders such as Legal, Administration, Risk Management, Investments, Valuation, Finance, and other Corporate teams on approvals, assumptions, pricing processes, exceptions, and document drafting
- Ensure that work products comply with relevant ASOPs.
- Update documentation of Global Financial Solutions pricing methodology, parameters, and procedures as it relates to PRT business. Recommend, implement, and document enhancements to the pricing process.
- Assist Risk Management personnel with transition of new contracts and monitoring experience of in-force business.
- Participate in key unit and ad-hoc department projects, as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, or related field
- ASA Certification
- 3+ years Actuarial Experience in life/annuity insurance
- Continuing to write actuarial exams with a view to completing Fellowship
- PRT pricing experience
- 5+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance/reinsurance and/or 3+ years actuarial experience in pricing of insurance products
- Experience performing actuarial valuations for retirement plans
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including database applications (Alteryx, Tableau, Snowflake, Access, Oracle, SQL or equivalent technology), spreadsheets, statistical programs and actuarial software.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Self-starter with strong motivation to complete assignments.
- Takes initiative and is accountable.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Confidence in taking verbal instructions and translating it into programmable outcomes.
- Ability to compile, analyze, refine, and interpret large amounts of financial data/results and model projections.
- Competent knowledge and understanding of actuarial concepts.
- Experience with life, health, and/or annuity products.
- Ability to work independently and to work well within a team environment and participate in department projects.
- Experience with AXIS and/or Prophet (or equivalent actuarial software)
- Knowledge of the US PRT market, defined benefit plans, retirement products, regulations, and business models
- Advanced understanding of key financial reporting, accounting, and solvency regimes: US GAAP, US Statutory, US tax and RBC.
- Advanced understanding of life insurance, health insurance, longevity, and/or annuity products
- Ability to challenge and enhance our analytical capabilities
- Understanding of asset modeling and ALM techniques, including derivatives, and capital markets approaches
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
State of Colorado: This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $93,995 to $131,865 per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location. In addition, RGA compensation includes an annual bonus plan that includes all roles and maintains a full range of competitive health and life insurance, retirement and other employee benefits.