The Assistant Actuary performs valuation/financial reporting and analysis for the US Individual Life Division of RGA will perform and support the maintenance and enhancement of the financial forecasting infrastructure and analytic foundation by developing/maintaining actuarial data, assumptions, models and processes used not only for valuation, but also to support unbiased planning, reporting, economic capital refinement, embedded value calculation, capital planning, cash flow testing, and other such uses. Provides general valuation, financial analysis, and project tasks.
- Research, develops, maintains, and/or reviews actuarial assumptions, methods, and models in Prophet and other applications. Provide internal guidance and documentation.
- Performs detailed Statutory, Tax, and GAAP valuation work for assigned business, ensures these items are appropriately documented and posted, and assists with identifying changing requirements and adapting to maintain compliance.
- Develops unbiased projections for financial planning and analysis and assists with communication of financial analytics and results in terms of major drivers of variance.
- Serves as a liaison with other valuation, pricing, administration, claims, systems, accounting, audit, and finance associates.
- Performs valuation work and ad-hoc department projects as needed and called upon.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- ASA accreditation
- 3+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance/reinsurance
- Experience in Individual Life valuation or pricing
- Willingness to pursue FSA accreditation
- 3+ years actuarial experience in reinsurance valuation and/or financial reporting (GAAP, Statutory, and Tax)
- Experience in Prophet
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
The general pay range for this position is $82,790 to $124,985 per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location. In addition, RGA provides an annual bonus plan that includes all roles and some positions are eligible for participation in our long-term equity incentive plan. RGA also maintains a full range of health, retirement and other employee benefits.