Experienced qualified actuary who assists to direct and manage financial reporting and analysis for a wide range of products in the fast-growing markets in Hong Kong. Products include life, HNW, traditional and staging/multi-pay critical illness, and health. While focus is on corporate reporting and/or planning, the role also includes coordinating other areas of practice like process / control enhancement, projections for economic capital modelling, embedded value reporting and risk management. Communication with executives in RGA along with maintaining excellent relationships with Finance, Administration, and Pricing teams are components of the role.
- Involve and coordinate the ongoing enhancement of the valuation and reporting process with any change in practices e.g., by more effective approach, streamlining data requirements, automation, etc.; and maintains documentation for transferring knowledge.
- Manage, coordinate and performs US GAAP (LDTI) and US STAT valuation for HK and/or high-net-worth business.
- Lead aspects for US GAAP LDTI implementations and integration to the valuation process.
- Manage and enhance experience studies and analysis for best estimate assumption setting; and maintain production models with modelling enhancements.
- Manage and deliver projections for business planning, economic capital modelling, and embedded value calculation and communicates any results and analysis appropriately.
- Compliance controls and audit checks on the valuation data and bases.
- Manage and coordinate with Finance, Administration and Pricing Teams to achieve goals.
- Manage and coach junior associates with supervisory duties.
- Perform other ad hoc analysis as required.
- Fully qualified Fellow with one of the recognized international actuarial associations (FSA, FIA, FIAA, etc.).
- 7+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance/reinsurance, preferably on end-to-end process for valuation and/or financial reporting with the knowledge of GAAP and statutory reporting (or IFRS17). Candidate with less experience will be considered as Manager, Corporate Actuarial.
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- Familiarity with Hong Kong life insurance market and products.
- Knowledge of the Prophet or AXIS projection systems.
- Strong analytical and data management skills as well as work attitudes to details and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly motivated, conceptual thinker who can collaborate in a team environment and coach the team and own a wide variety of assignments.
- Good problem-solving ability to translate business needs into acceptable solutions.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
Reinsurance Group of America is one of the largest global life and health reinsurance companies in the world. With operations in 26 countries, we are the only global reinsurance company to focus primarily on life and health-related reinsurance solutions.
Our core products and services include life reinsurance, living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, health reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting, and product development.
RGA Empowers Employees. It's one thing to hire smart people, it's another to empower them. This is one of the most important differences between RGA and its competitors. RGA empowers its employees to use their intelligence and creativity to find solutions for customers. To be proactive in their approach to bringing value to our customers.