This position is responsible to strategically design, implement and maintain local valuation framework to accommodate expected change in the local regulation and other applicable standards including USGAAP and IFRS. Lead risk and capital management including the JORSA framework. In addition, this position will oversee day-to-day valuation activities such as but not limited to JSTAT valuation, USGAAP valuation, EV/ PBEC and Business Planning.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for including but not limited to the following;
• Monitor and accommodate regulation updates on local statutory valuation and other applicable standards to the local valuation framework.
• Responsible for producing JSTAT projections including local capital needs withvalue-added information for local management.
• Lead design and maintenance of the JORSA framework in collaboration withLocal Compliance, Local Finance and Regional Risk Management Team.
• Play major role in communication and preparation for FSA inspection forvaluation matters
• Build relationship with external reviewers
• Closely work with International/Regional Valuation and Corporate Modeling toensure actuarial projections such as EV/PBEC and Business Planning are of highquality.
• Plan and analyze detailed experience studies in collaboration with GlobalResearch and Data Analytics.
• Maintain the valuation assumptions and the models for audit.
• Oversee and support other duties on day-to-day valuation activities as required.
• Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science or related field
• Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Japan
• 10 years or more experience in actuarial practice for life insurance (including reinsurance ) industry
• Broad and deep knowledge of the Insurance Business Law and relative regulations
• Broad and deep knowledge of the insurance industry and various types and plans of insurance
• Excellent communication skills - verbal and written Japanese
• Good communication skills - verbal and written English
• Good PC skills and understanding of actuarial systems
• Must be flexible and adaptable to change
• CERA or equivalent risk management certification
• Risk management experience
• Broad knowledge of reinsurance pricing/valuation and products
• Broad knowledge of JSTAT accounting and USGAAP
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (RGA), a Fortune 500 company, is among the leading global providers of life reinsurance and financial solutions, with approximately $3.5 trillion of life reinsurance in force and assets of $92.2 billion as of December 31, 2021.
Founded in 1973, RGA today is recognized for its deep technical expertise in risk and capital management, innovative solutions, and commitment to serving its clients.
With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, and operations around the world, RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, health reinsurance, facultative underwriting, product development, and financial solutions. To learn more about RGA and its businesses, visit our website at www.rgare.com .
RGA は、 1995 年に東京駐在員事務所を開設した後、 2003 年に外資系生命再保険会社として初めて金融庁より認可を取得し、日本支店を設立しました。今日、日本支店は従業員 100 名超を有し、日本有数の生命再保険会社としての位置づけを確立しています。 https://www.rgare.com/global-directory/asia-pacific/japan/japan-jp