The Director of Actuarial Services is responsible for providing timely and responsive actuarial services to our clients in carrying out the functions of determining competitive reinsurance terms in a controlled manner and ensuring these terms are agreed and documented in a clear and timely fashion. This is also provided through understanding the clients' needs and supporting them with product ideas, designs and pricing, and offering them structured financial solutions to meet their tax, liability and/or capital needs. Additional responsibilities include marketing, treaty work, risk control and supervise staffs.
- Act as the key technical person in the office responsible for all technical pricing, product design and development, structuring financial solutions, actuarial modeling and providing actuarial support to underwriting and special distributions.
- Participate in business development for the office and assist Chief Actuary in the business development efforts, including client presentation.
- Responsible for providing actuarial and technical training to the underwriting and actuarial teams and their development of professional knowledge.
- Maintain close liaison with Actuarial and Underwriting teams in Regional office and follow the RGA guidelines for technical pricing and actuarial modeling. Ability to identify unique local market features and to present with facts and local knowledge innovative ideas in a convincing manner, and to negotiate effectively at different levels to garner for corporate support.
- Monitor experience of in force business
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Chief Actuary from time to time.
- University graduate.
- Fully qualified fellow with one of the recognized international actuarial associations (FSA, FIA, FFA, FIAA, CAA, etc.).
- Familiar with China Market and reinsurance
- At least 8-10 years related working experience with exposure in product developments, US GAAP, Financial Reinsurance and Underwriting, having at least 1 to 2 years' experience in managing staff.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.