- Assist Head of Valuation for Hong Kong and High Net Worth ("HK & HNW") Market in providing leadership to the HK & HNW Valuation Team to achieve defined outcomes in a timely basis.
- Communication with executives at RGA along with maintaining excellent relationships with the US corporate as well as HK local teams.
- Development, maintenance and continued refinement/improvement of tools and processes for the team.
- Development and coaching of associates to improve team performance and align with corporate goals and values.
- Primarily responsible for corporate reporting for HK & HNW Valuation team, including the on-going implementation of US statutory VM20 rules, embedded value, principles-based economic capital, corporate ORSA on a timely basis.
- Adapt to any process enhancement or automation into existing practice, coordinate with the corporate / regional and consultants, change management, etc.
- Support assumption setting for use in LDTI, VM20, embedded value and principles-based economic capital following any applicable corporate guidance.
- Support model enhancements on existing actuarial model and develop new or simplified actuarial models for existing business for actuarial valuations and business projections.
- Coordinate with various teams, in particular corporate level, to support analysis and report and assist in explaining results to management.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance of valuation results with applicable standards and best practice.
- Carry out duties with integrity and diligence, ensuring that professional standards are maintained, that reporting deadlines are met, that records are maintained and that actuarial processes are fit for purpose and meet internal and regulatory requirements.
- Assisting the risk management function in the assessing and reporting of risks.
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive documentation relating to the actuarial processes.
- Flexibility (including time zone differences) to guide and work with various associates within the team on different tasks and initiatives.
- Lead, develop and coach the associates working on assigned responsibilities, and contribute towards a positive and engaged work environment. Performs supervisory duties including, but not limited to, hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, and disciplining direct reports.
- Stay abreast of corporate reporting developments and assist Head of Valuation for HK & HNW to advise local management of the implications and business opportunities.
- Supporting the Head of Valuation, HK & HNW Market on other initiatives, as required.
- Fully qualified Fellow with one of the recognized international actuarial associations (FSA, FIA, FIAA, etc.).
- At least 10 years' relevant experience.
- At least 4 years' people management experience.
- Familiarity with Hong Kong market and regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of the Prophet or AXIS projection systems, and ideally US GAAP.
- Proven people leadership credentials with the ability to motivate, mentor and build a high-performance team.
- Strong analytical, data management skills, work attitudes to details and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A high level of personal accountability and integrity.
- Excellent communication skills in English - both written and verbal.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is a global industry leader specializing in life and health reinsurance and financial solutions that help clients effectively manage risk and optimize capital. Founded in 1973, RGA celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2023. Over the past five decades, RGA has become one of the world's largest and most respected reinsurers and is guided by a fundamental purpose: to make financial protection accessible to all. RGA is widely recognized for superior risk management and underwriting expertise, innovative product design, and dedicated client focus. RGA serves clients and partners in key markets around the world and has approximately $3.3 trillion of life reinsurance in force and assets of $82.7 billion as of September 30, 2022. To learn more about RGA and its businesses, visit www.rgare.com .