- Assist Head of Valuation for Hong Kong and High Net Worth ("HK & HNW") in providing leadership to the HK & HNW Valuation Team to achieve defined outcomes in a timely basis.
- Communication with executives at RGA along with maintaining excellent relationships with the Finance, and Administration teams.
- Development, maintenance and continued refinement/improvement of tools and processes for the team.
- Development and coaching of associates to improve team performance and align with corporate goals and values.
- Primarily responsible for corporate reporting for HK & HNW Valuation team, including the development of appropriate reporting bases and actuarial models to deliver results required for corporate reporting including US GAAP (LDTI), US statutory (e.g., VM20), embedded value, principles-based economic capital, corporate ORSA and business plan on a timely basis.
- Participate in process enhancement and automation to improve the efficiency on valuation processes handled by the team, including changing existing practices, coordinating with the corporate/regional and consultants, change management, etc.
- Review experience studies and actuarial analysis to support assumption setting. This includes the annual review of best estimate assumptions for use in LDTI, VM20, embedded value and principles-based economic capital, and following applicable corporate guidance.
- Conduct model enhancements on the existing actuarial model and develop new or simplified actuarial models for existing businesses so that appropriate cash flows produced by the models can use for different valuations and business projections.
- Work closely with global LDTI implementation team, to roll out centralized tools for LDTI in the HK office.
- Coordinate with Finance to support quarterly earnings analysis and report, and also assist in explaining results to management.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance of valuation results with applicable standards and best practices.
- Carry out duties with integrity and diligence, ensuring that professional standards are maintained, that reporting deadlines are met, that records are maintained and that actuarial processes are fit for purpose and meet internal and regulatory requirements.
- Lead, develop and coach the associates working on assigned responsibilities, and contribute towards a positive and engaging work environment. Performs supervisory duties including, but not limited to, hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, and disciplining direct reports.
- Assisting the risk management function in the assessing and reporting of risks.
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive documentation relating to the actuarial processes.
- Flexibility to guide and work with various associates within the team on different tasks and initiatives.
- Supporting the Head of Valuation, HK & HNW on other initiatives, as required.
- Stay abreast of corporate reporting developments and assist the Head of Valuation for HK & HNW to advise local management of the implications and business opportunities.
- Fully qualified Fellow with one of the recognized international actuarial associations (FSA, FIA, FIAA, etc.).
- At least 10 years' relevant experience.
- At least 4 years' people management experience.
- Familiarity with Hong Kong market and regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of the Prophet or AXIS projection systems, and ideally US GAAP.
- Proven people leadership credentials with the ability to motivate, mentor and build a high-performance team.
- Strong analytical, data management skills, work attitudes, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A high level of personal accountability and integrity.
- Excellent communication skills in English - both written and verbal.
Reinsurance Group of America is one of the largest global life and health reinsurance companies in the world. With operations in 26 countries, we are the only global reinsurance company to focus primarily on life and health-related reinsurance solutions.
Our core products and services include life reinsurance, living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, health reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting, and product development.
RGA Empowers Employees. It's one thing to hire smart people, it's another to empower them. This is one of the most important differences between RGA and its competitors. RGA empowers its employees to use their intelligence and creativity to find solutions for customers. To be proactive in their approach to bringing value to our customers.