The Executive Director, Data Commercialization directs, leads and manages key sales, actuarial and marketing efforts for RGA Data Commercialization initiatives. Responsible for developing and leading client initiatives, developing client-specific marketing/sales materials, facilitating new data opportunities, and helping to set the data commercialization strategy for RGA and RGAx. Maintains frequent contact with RGA and RGAx Executives, key functions throughout RGA and external client companies, to help develop strategic business plans, bring innovative data-driven tools to market, and identify new data-driven business opportunities.
- Under the direction of VP Data Commercialization, supports the insurance product development strategy globally to drive the commercialization of new data solutions for RGA insurance markets.
- Under the direction of VP Data Commercialization, supports MedScore and TrueRisk Life Group in collaboration with US Group Re and RGA Canada through the acquisition of new client accounts, supporting existing client accounts, and by providing excellent customer service throughout the sales process.
- Develops and manages go-to-market strategies for data and analytics solutions for RGA insurance markets.
- Develops and derive new insights from existing business and partnerships for the purpose of client benchmarking, thought leadership and external client presentations
- Develops and supports key strategic partnerships (including TransUnion) that support data and analytics solutions for RGA's insurance markets.
- Provides active sales support for RGA Data and Analytics initiatives during client presentations and meetings. This includes attending client calls/visits as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Works with carriers to understand their strategic data-driven needs and proposes tactical solutions to meet those needs. Creates client-specific implementation plans for carriers looking to use new data driven solutions.
- Works with the GDA and Business Unit actuarial teams to ensure a robust Model Development, Enhancement and Governance process
- Proposes, develops and facilitates efficient processes to support RGA clients, through interaction with the various experts in business development, pricing, underwriting, operations, GDA, as well as the necessary associates from other RGA business units and global teams.
- Positions RGA as the trusted advisor to carriers for data related opportunities, through product knowledge and value added services where possible and appropriate
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Actuarial Science, Administration, Marketing or related degree or equivalent related work experience
- 7+ years life or health insurance/reinsurance experience
- FSA accreditation
Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to drive revenue growth
- Advanced computer based technical skills, including MS Office applications. CRM and actuarial software skills preferred.
- Expert understanding of the US Life insurance markets
- Advanced skills in customer relationship management
- Expert investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received to internal and external audiences
- Expert ability to translate business needs and problems into viable solutions
- Expert ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional and technical disciplines
- Expert persuasion and negotiation skills when working with internal/external customers to resolve issues/problems
- Advanced ability to set goals and handle multiple tasks, clients, and projects simultaneously; ability to appropriately balance priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Possess project management skills, including an ability to evaluate project objectives and scope for feasibility, understanding, scheduling and ensure projects meet budget and plan criteria.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 25%)
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
State of Colorado: This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $125,435 to $191,760 per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location. In addition, RGA compensation includes an annual bonus plan that includes all roles and maintains a full range of competitive health and life insurance, retirement and other employee benefits.