Manager, Health Actuarial will be primarily responsible for the pricing of health business which includes but not limited to pricing basis derivation, modelling, risk analysis and other new business development activities. They will work closely with Business Development, Health, Underwriting, Product Development and Regional Pricing.
- Develop best estimate pricing assumptions and pricing models to provide competitive quotes that meet clients' objectives and RGA's minimum requirements.
- Ensure all pricing procedures, including preparation of pricing memo, technical reviews, peer reviews, regional escalation are in compliance with RGA's internal pricing standards, guidelines and country mandate.
- Conduct research and experience analysis to derive pricing basis for new risks as well as a periodical review of existing pricing basis for all reinsurance coverage to ensure it is up to date, documented and approved.
- Providetechnical/actuarial support for the execution of our product development initiatives.
- Provide support to the Lead Health Actuary/ Treaty Specialist to ensure treaties are completed and signed in a timely fashion.
- Define & develop methods & tools to ensure that health business is monitored closely and ensure that any adverse trends, both at the treaty or portfolio level, are identified and escalated.
- Support business development in building and maintaining strong relationships with counterparts of our client companies.
- Support ad-hoc corporate and internal projects.
- Bachelor's degree in math, finance, statistics, actuarial science or related fields
- Qualified or nearly qualified actuary with a globally recognized actuarial association
- 5 - 10 years of actuarial working experience, health pricing experiences a definite plus
- Good knowledge of Asian health insurance markets and products. Highly organized, delivery-orientated with the ability to work with multiple concurrent projects
- Highly motivated, results-oriented and solutions focused
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence others
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail
- Strong client services ability with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Advanced Excel skill is required and experience in using actuarial software, e.g. Axis, is strongly preferred
- Ability to challenge and enhance existing analytical methodologies
- Innovative, proactive and improvement oriented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and deal with multiple stakeholders within the business
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is a global industry leader specializing in life and health reinsurance and financial solutions that help clients effectively manage risk and optimize capital. Founded in 1973, RGA celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2023. Over the past five decades, RGA has become one of the world's largest and most respected reinsurers and is guided by a fundamental purpose: to make financial protection accessible to all.
RGA has been named to Fortune magazine's 2023 list of the World's Most Admired Companies, an acknowledgement that reflects our legacy of innovation, dedicated client focus, community responsibility, commitment to diversity, and long-term value creation. RGA serves clients and partners in key markets around the world and has approximately $3.3 trillion of life reinsurance in force and assets of $82.7 billion as of September 30, 2022. To learn more about RGA and its businesses, visit www.rgare.com .