RGA is a multinational reinsurance company that has risen to be one of the most successful, respected and dynamic reinsurance companies in the world, operating in 50 countries. RGA has achieved recognition internationally as an innovative, client-centric company whose success is based on the focus to enhance clients' prosperity.
In South Africa, RGA has been ranked #1 on NMG Consulting's All Business Capability Index for Life and Health Reinsurers for 12 consecutive years and has grown to be the largest reinsurer of group business and new individual business. If you have a passion for excellence, service, and a desire to work in a challenging environment that offers a breadth of experiences then RGA may well be the company for you.
An exciting new position has become available for a dynamic, self-motivated and ambitious technical actuary to join the Pricing team.
- Take ownership of the in-force management framework for the life business of RGA SA.
- Build and maintain scalable experience monitoring infrastructure including software, models, rate databases and dashboards.
- Interrogate, validate, and clean available data to generate meaningful insights.
- Investigate the drivers of profitability across various products and treaties.
- Provide data driven insights to the business to allow strategic decision making.
- Generate regular experience analysis reports.
- Collaborate with Operations, Finance, Corporate Actuarial and the other Pricing teams to form a common understanding of the business.
- Qualified actuary or experienced data scientist with actuarial background and 10 years of experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in experience analysis of individual life risk products.
- Strong programming skills VBA, R, Python or SQL.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with data science/data engineering experience/qualifications.
- Reinsurance experience will be advantageous.
- Ability to take ownership of deliverables and steer them to completion with minimum supervision.
- Meticulous attentiveness to detail and accuracy. Comfortable working with large amounts of data.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Flexibility to juggle multiple workstreams concurrently.
- Judgement in making practical & financially sound decisions.
- Taking initiative & creativity.
- Effective time management to ensure that client deadlines are met.
- Good communication skills - written and verbal.
At the forefront of RGA's culture is collaboration. It's the one thing every employee must embrace to succeed. RGA's culture also is defined by an environment where intellectual thinking, not red tape, is prioritized. RGA believes risk is not to be avoided, but smartly embraced.