The Senior Actuarial Analyst will perform valuation/financial reporting and analysis for the business within Continental Europe and Middle East. The role will contribute to the maintenance and enhancement of the financial forecasting infrastructure and analytic foundation by developing and maintaining actuarial models and processes used not only for valuation, but also to support unbiased planning, reporting, economic capital refinement, capital planning, cash flow testing, and other such uses. The Senior Actuarial Analyst will provide general valuation, financial analysis, and project assistance.
- Develop, maintain, and/or review actuarial models in AXIS and other application, including setting up and maintaining appropriate assumptions.
- Perform detailed Statutory, Tax, and GAAP valuation work for assigned business, ensure these items are appropriately documented and posted, and assist with identifying changing requirements and adapting to maintain compliance.
- Develop unbiased projections for financial planning and analysis and assist with communication of financial analytics and results in terms of major drivers of variance.
- Serve as a liaison with other valuation, pricing, administration, systems, accounting, audit, and finance associates.
- Perform valuation work and ad hoc department projects as needed and called upon.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- At least 4-6 years' experience and 5 to 6 former exam programs completed (ASA or equivalent)
- Expertise in AXIS and/or Prophet (or equivalent actuarial software)
- Solid computer skills, including advanced level Excel and programming skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to travel internationally (as required)
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is a leader in the global life reinsurance industry with approximately $2.9 trillion of life reinsurance in force and assets of $44.7 billion. We are one of the largest life reinsurance companies in the world.