RGA's culture stresses high performance and collaboration, and the company hires the smartest people in the industry. And, the smart people they hire are not just number crunchers. RGA values creativity and curiosity. RGA also values humility, and its employees work together without ego to bring value to RGA while revolutionizing the life and health insurance space.
The Senior Actuarial Assistant, Data Analytics and Pricing performs experience analysis, data science support, and research for RGA's US Mortality Markets. Assists in the development of predictive modeling solutions, performs research based on USMM experience and emerging topics of interest, and drive forward future state analytical capabilities within USMM.
- Evaluates and manipulates internal data, vendor data, and client data for the purpose of predictive modeling, experience studies, research, and financial analysis.
- Develops, maintains and reviews data analysis/modeling procedures and systems.
- Participates in the development and enhancement of underlying processes and recommends improvements in data analysis/modeling best practice standards including supporting the expansion of the USMM analytics ecosystem into cloud-based architecture.
- Participates in key unit and ad-hoc department projects as needed.
- Creates and/or presents research based on USMM's historical data and emerging topics of interest.
- Communicates key findings by creating meaningful and professional reports or presentations.
- Serves as a liaison with other associates and departments.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- At least 5 of P, FM, IFM, LTAM, STAM, SRM, PA, or FAP actuarial exams completed
- 2+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance
- Master's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Data Science, Statistics or related field
- PA actuarial exam completed
- Reinsurance industry experience
- Beginner level experience with data science or data modeling for insurance (GLM, Decision Trees, Time Series, Regression, etc.)
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of life insurance, health insurance, longevity, and/or annuity products
- Intermediate knowledge of database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL, TOAD, or equivalent)
- Intermediate PC and technical skills, including spreadsheets, statistical programs and actuarial software
- Ability to compile, analyze, refine, and interpret large amounts of data
- Competent knowledge and understanding of actuarial concepts
- Ability to set goals and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to appropriately balance priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Advanced oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
- Advanced investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Advanced skills in customer relationship management and change management
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines and work well with all levels of management
• Intermediate knowledge of RGA's experience study system
• Experience with R, SAS, or Python
• Knowledge of SQL and VBA
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
State of Colorado: This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $70,235 to $99,735 per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location.