More than anything, RGA employees love their jobs because it's challenging work. We believe smart people work smarter when they're empowered. When they use logic, balanced with creativity and curiosity. At the forefront of RGA's culture is collaboration - a must to be successful within our organization. These are just a few of the attributes we are looking for in our newest team member.
The Senior Actuarial Assistant, Global Valuation will provide support for regulatory reporting for both the consolidated RGA enterprise and certain US and offshore subsidiaries. This includes assisting with all financial and actuarial items, processes, and analytical items related to regulatory reporting. The Senior Actuarial Assistant will compile the valuation components for the maintenance and enhancement of the financial reporting infrastructure including the development and monitoring of data, controls and metrics to support US Statutory, Tax and GAAP reporting as well as regulatory reporting in Bermuda.
Assignments will focus on group capital and legal entity reporting, analytical support within Global Valuation, and assisting more senior level actuaries with day-to-day responsibilities and projects. Specific tasks may involve corporate allocations, management capital and return measures, quarterly valuation routines, consolidated audit support, annual statement and other regulatory reporting compilations, financial forecasting and consolidation, and CFRI / MDM support. Detailed support will involve compilation, monitoring, and analysis of large amounts of financial data as well as development and enhancement of underlying processes
- Assist and compile data to support regulatory group capital reporting requirements
- Assist and compile data to support Bermuda reporting requirements along with monitoring solvency and capital of certain other legal entities
- Assist and compile data to support the Appointed Actuary for certain legal entities
- Investigate data changes and interpret which deviate from expectations
- Anticipate how data changes as experience develops to ensure logic is adequate for the current period as well as future periods
- Develop, maintain, and/or review actuarial models in Excel and other applications, including setting up and maintaining appropriate assumptions
- Complete quarterly calculations and consolidations of capital drivers and amounts under multiple capital bases
- Assist in capital management reporting
- Assist in validation and consolidation of financial projections
- Provide support for CFRi / MDM including report building and business attribute management
- Provide support to actuaries and assist with special projects
- Contribute to the development, documentation, maintenance, and enhancement of processes, procedures, and controls. Coordinate these activities as assigned.
- Participate in department or cross-functional projects as needed and called upon
- Assist with Statutory, Tax, and GAAP quarterly consolidated reporting for various business entities. Investigate unexpected changes and track unresolved issues. Ensure these items are appropriately documented. Summarize the information in reports.
- Develop unbiased projections for financial planning and analysis and assist with communication of financial analytics and results in terms of major drivers of variance
- Perform valuation work and ad-hoc department projects as needed and called upon
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- ASA exams: 5 of: P, FM, IFM, STAM, LTAM, SRM, PA or FAP1
- 2+ years of actuarial experience
- Master's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- Willingness to pursue FSA accreditation
- 1+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance/reinsurance
Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate PC and technical skills, including database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL or equivalent technology), spreadsheets, statistical programs and actuarial software
- Ability to compile, analyze, refine, and interpret large amounts of financial data, results and model projections
- Competent knowledge and understanding of actuarial concepts
- Ability to be flexible when needed, take initiative, and demonstrate accountability
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
- Intermediate interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
- Ability to set goals, multitask and prioritize workload
- Intermediate investigative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals and objectives
- Able and willing to work independently as well as part of multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines and work well with all levels of management
- General business knowledge
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL (Access/Oracle or equivalent)
- Advanced technical skills in using business intelligence tools (Excel pivot tables, Tableau, etc)
- Reinsurance industry and product knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of life, health, and annuity products
- Intermediate knowledge of GAAP, Statutory, and Tax valuation and financial reporting
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
The general pay range for this position is $72,340 to $102,725 per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location. In addition, RGA provides an annual bonus plan that includes all roles and some positions are eligible for participation in our long-term equity incentive plan. RGA also maintains a full range of health, retirement and other employee benefits.