The pricing associate will provide support in proposing pricing basis and maintaining pricing models. The pricing associate will also support hybrid solutions development for HK and High Net Worth business.
- Support the reviewing and proposing of pricing basis with up-to-date experience data and market research
- Study and analyze internal experience and external data using spreadsheets and databases, and provide insights to the pricing basis
- Prepare basis documentation and liaise with regional to obtain approval
- Work closely with internal counterparts including pricing, underwriting and medical to develop pricing basis
- Ensure the pricing basis and pricing models are documented and maintained for pricing activities
- Support the development of investment management framework and regular update of investment assumption
- Support the development of hybrid solutions to solve clients' needs due to regulatory and reporting changes
- Bachelor's degree in actuarial science, statistics, mathematics, finance, or related fields
- Preferably 2-3 years' working experience in actuarial
- Good exam progress with a globally recognized actuarial association
- Advanced Excel and strong programming skills, e.g. SQL, are required
- Relevant assumption review and data handling experience is preferred
- Experience in actuarial software, e.g. Axis, is a plus
- Highly organized, delivery-orientated with the ability to work with multiple concurrent projects
- Highly motivated, results oriented and solutions focused
- Ability to work effectively and independently under pressure and demonstrate problem solving creativity
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in delivering findings and presentations
- Innovative, proactive and improvement oriented
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting, and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
We believe smart people work smarter when they are empowered - when they use logic, but embrace creative problem solving; when their curiosity is encouraged to further innovation; and when they are recognized for seeking out the unknown. It is with this philosophy that RGA engages our workforce to realize that true change happens when smart people collaborate for the good of a company, the industry and the world. Working for RGA - it's the logical choice.