Pricing Actuaries are responsible for the pricing of individual business through modelling, risk analysis and other new business development activities.
With guidance from her/his manager, an assistant manager is expected to lead the below tasks:
- Structure and develop required pricing models to complete quotes that meet clients' objectives and RGA's minimum requirements.
- Ensure all pricing procedures, including preparation of pricing memo and peer reviews meet documented divisional standards.
- Work closely with internal counterparts to develop sustainable reinsurance solutions.
- Conduct review and provide sound advice for actuarial work.
- Conduct research and produce pricing basis for new business development initiatives.
- Ensure pricing basis are documented and approved for all reinsurance coverage allowed under the country mandate.
- Negotiate treaty terms with clients and ensure treaties are completed and signed in a timely fashion.
- Provide technical/actuarial support for the execution of our product development initiatives.
- Provide training and guidance to junior staff of the team.
- Support ad-hoc corporate and internal projects.
- Bachelor's degree in actuarial science, statistics, math, finance, or related fields
- Accreditation as an Associate with a globally recognized actuarial association
- 4 to 8 years of actuarial working experience, relevant pricing experience a definite plus
- Highly organized, delivery-orientated with the ability to work with multiple concurrent projects
- Highly motivated, results oriented and solutions focused
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate problem solving creativity
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence others
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to challenge and enhance existing analytical methodologies
- Innovative, proactive and improvement oriented