The successful candidate will be responsible for corporate reporting for the HK and High Net Worth business, covering a wide range of valuation bases, financial metrics and business projections as required by the company, and also other areas of actuarial practice like experience studies and modelling. The role will provide the candidate with broad exposure to various management reporting and actuarial valuation knowledge.
- Production and analysis for management reporting on US GAAP post LDTI basis, and for US statutory valuation;
- Production and analysis for the embedded value (EV) and economic capital (EC) reporting;
- Involvement in preparation of business planning and forecast;
- Perform experience studies and analysis on current in-force business, and assist in proposing best estimate assumptions;
- Modeling and model enhancement of key business within Prophet;
- Compliance controls and audit checks on the valuation data and bases;
- Identify areas of continuous improvement around efficiency or quality of work performed, and help to implement improvements as agreed;
- Work closely with Finance, Administration and Pricing Teams to achieve goals; and
- Support other ad hoc analysis as required.
- Associate or close to Fellow of Society of Actuaries or other equivalent actuarial bodies;
- 2 to 4 years' work experience in life insurance/reinsurance companies, with the knowledge of HK life insurance market/products being a plus; candidate with less experience or qualification may be considered as Actuarial Associate .
- Hands on experience from valuation or financial reporting, ideally on US GAAP, EV or EC reporting but not a must;
- Prophet/AXIS modeling experience is preferred and a good understanding of SQL, Excel, VBA is required;
- Strong analytical, data management skills, work attitudes to details and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; and
- Highly motivated, conceptual thinker who is able to collaborate in a team environment or work independently.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is a global industry leader specializing in life and health reinsurance and financial solutions that help clients effectively manage risk and optimize capital. Founded in 1973, RGA celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2023. Over the past five decades, RGA has become one of the world's largest and most respected reinsurers and is guided by a fundamental purpose: to make financial protection accessible to all. RGA is widely recognized for superior risk management and underwriting expertise, innovative product design, and dedicated client focus. RGA serves clients and partners in key markets around the world and has approximately $3.3 trillion of life reinsurance in force and assets of $82.7 billion as of September 30, 2022. To learn more about RGA and its businesses, visit www.rgare.com .