The successful candidate will be responsible for corporate reporting for the HK and High Net Worth business, covering a wide range of valuation bases, financial metrics and business projections as required by the company, and also other areas of actuarial practice like experience studies and modelling. The role will provide the candidate with broad exposure to various management reporting and actuarial valuation knowledge.
- Production and analysis for management reporting on US GAAP post LDTI basis, and for US statutory valuation;
- Production and analysis for the embedded value (EV) and economic capital (EC) reporting;
- Involvement in preparation of business planning and forecast;
- Perform experience studies and analysis on current in-force business, and assist in proposing best estimate assumptions;
- Modeling and model enhancement of key business within Prophet;
- Compliance controls and audit checks on the valuation data and bases;
- Identify areas of continuous improvement around efficiency or quality of work performed, and help to implement improvements as agreed;
- Work closely with Finance, Administration and Pricing Teams to achieve goals; and
- Support other ad hoc analysis as required.
- Associate or close to Fellow of Society of Actuaries or other equivalent actuarial bodies;
- 2 to 4 years' work experience in life insurance/reinsurance companies, with the knowledge of HK life insurance market/products being a plus; candidate with less experience or qualification may be considered as Actuarial Associate .
- Hands on experience from valuation or financial reporting, ideally on US GAAP, EV or EC reporting but not a must;
- Prophet/AXIS modeling experience is preferred and a good understanding of SQL, Excel, VBA is required;
- Strong analytical, data management skills, work attitudes to details and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; and
- Highly motivated, conceptual thinker who is able to collaborate in a team environment or work independently.
Reinsurance Group of America is one of the largest global life and health reinsurance companies in the world. With operations in 26 countries, we are the only global reinsurance company to focus primarily on life and health-related reinsurance solutions.
Our core products and services include life reinsurance, living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, health reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting, and product development.
RGA Empowers Employees. It's one thing to hire smart people, it's another to empower them. This is one of the most important differences between RGA and its competitors. RGA empowers its employees to use their intelligence and creativity to find solutions for customers. To be proactive in their approach to bringing value to our customers.