Shape your future with one of the largest reinsurers worldwide
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., with more than 2,000 employees worldwide, is a holding company for companies in the field of global reinsurance and related activities. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG. Together, they run their business as Gen Re.
Gen Re supports insurance companies with tailor-made reinsurance solutions in the areas of life/health and property/casualty. Through a network of more than 40 branches, it is represented worldwide in all major reinsurance markets. Our financial strength received excellent ratings from the international rating agencies. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and promote a culture that supports professional and personal growth.
For our Unit Life/Health Global Pricing we are looking for a dedicated Senior Actuary (d/f/m) to strengthen our team in Cologne as soon as possible.
• Research and development into all aspects of reinsurance
• Establishing principles, guidelines and methods for accepting reinsurance business
• Conducting quality reviews in the marketing departments
• Monitoring adherence to guidelines and authorities
• Support in pricing and structuring business within the framework of established referral processes
• We are looking for a qualified actuary (d/f/m) who has proven experience at an insurance or reinsurance environment or the life unit of a consultancy
• Thorough understanding of international life and health (re)insurance
• Ability to communicate complicated issues to a varied audience
• Well-developed analytical skills
• Good knowledge of English and ideally German
We offer you
• An international and highly professional working environment in a central location in Cologne
• A pleasant working environment with flat hierarchies and a friendly and cooperative corporate culture
• Attractive benefits, e.g. flexible working hours, home office within the framework of our company agreement on mobile working, company pension scheme, job ticket, job bike, underground parking, daycare facility for children, canteen and in-house sports activities
Does this sound exciting?
If you want to shape your future with us, we look forward to receiving your complete application including your salary expectations and the earliest starting date via our website de.genre.com/karriere.
Julia Franck, Senior HR Consultant
Tel. +49 221 9738 484
General Reinsurance AG
Theodor-Heuss-Ring 11, 50668 Cologne, Germany