You will be a key part of the Longevity Analytics team within GFS Longevity Product function, taking part in RGA's activities in the longevity market. The Longevity Analytics team provides analytical expertise for the global development and data-driven solution in longevity product and pricing.
In this role you will lead, implement or support initiatives in advancing our capabilities in data analytics, predictive models, longevity processes and tools, research and derivation of longevity basis.
This is a global role covering all longevity regions and is expected to work closely with a range of key stakeholders across our various longevity markets.
- Lead the delivery of predictive modelling projects across longevity markets.
- Advocate the application of advanced analytics and data science techniques to enhance longevity modelling and insights.
- Carry out reviews and monitoring of models.
- Provide technical guidance and establish best practice framework to ensure models developed are market-leading and compliant with actuarial standards.
- Research external data sources suitable for longevity insights and basis, and support data acquisition opportunities;
- Carry out data due diligence, compliance with data regulations;
- Assist with the organisation and warehousing of longevity data, taking into account divisional and enterprise data strategies;
Actuarial Research and Modelling
- Expand our expertise in modelling of mortality and improvements, and keep an interest in emerging trends and ideas from the wider industry and actuarial bodies.
- Support the derivation of longevity assumptions, methodology and usage of new rating factors, working closely with local RGA offices across geographies.
- Lead the discovery, interpretation, and communication of meaningful patterns in the data available to business stakeholders.
- Support Pricing team with insights from large data sets, and proactively support efforts in adopting robust demographics assumptions in quotes.
- Enhance our capabilities in statistical modelling, including clustering and stochastic modelling.
- Lead/Assist in special projects, research and development, thought leadership as required.
Longevity Processes and Tools
- Leverage analytics techniques for the development (and maintenance) of longevity processes and tools, for use in longevity basis development, pricing and experience analysis.
- Enhance and maintain analytical processes and tools for longevity pricing, in-force and risk management.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Data Science, Finance, Computer Science or related field
- Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries or Society of Actuaries, or equivalent actuarial qualification
- Advanced knowledge of statistical modelling (GLM, GAM, Decision Trees etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in programming language, either in R or Python
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Access, Oracle or similar database technology
- Demonstrated knowledge of life insurance, longevity and annuity products
- Previous experience of longevity pricing and assumptions development is an advantage
RGA's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
RGA Aims to evolve RGA workplaces and the communities in which RGA has a presence, into more diverse, equitable and inclusive environments. We will create a culture where individuals are valued, feel a sense of belonging, and are respected for their differences - a workplace where all employees are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential.
Our individual, social, economic, and cultural identities shape and influence our experiences and perspectives. Therefore, to do our best work RGA will ensure diversity in our workforce across the various dimensions of social, interpersonal, and cultural identity -- and by practicing inclusivity in how we work with one another. Inclusion in our workplace is a step towards our purpose of making financial protection accessible to all .
We support hybrid and flexible ways of working and would welcome a discussion on how we can balance what is important to you with business requirements during the recruitment process.
What can RGA offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Financial support with reference to Qualifications and Learning and Development Courses.
- 25 Days Annual Leave, Plus Bank Holidays.
- Pension Package.
- Life Assurance.
- Group Income Protection.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (RGA), a Fortune 500 company, is among the leading global providers of life reinsurance and financial solutions, with approximately $3.5 trillion of life reinsurance in force and assets of $92.2 billion as of December 31, 2021. Founded in 1973, RGA today is recognized for its deep technical expertise in risk and capital management, innovative solutions, and commitment to serving its clients. With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, and operations around the world, RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, health reinsurance, facultative underwriting, product development, and financial solutions