The Senior Assistant Actuary supports and performs research into emerging topics of interest to RGA's global offices and clients. Create meaningful and professional reports to support research methods and findings. Supports the creation of RGA and client-based experience studies and reports.
- Conducts sound research on behalf of RGA with the goal of studying current and emerging topics of interest to any of RGA's global offices or clients to include, but not limited to experience studies, competitive analysis, market trends, profitability studies, and many others.
- Assists in the creation of RGA's internal studies of mortality and persistency experience for both the U.S. Experience Studies team and the International Experience Studies team.
- Acts as a leader to peer group to drive team performance and execute demanding timelines.
- Applies sound judgement to solve complex problems with detailed decision making and collaboration with colleagues.
- Evaluate new external data sources and explore new applications of non-traditional data sources for RGA and our clients.
- Exploration and actuarial validation of new ideas through multi-team collaboration with RGA business units, actuaries, underwriters, data strategists, data scientists, behavioral scientists, medical doctors, business developers and more.
- Creates well-organized, accurate, informative, and professional looking research bulletins/reports clearly documenting our methods and findings on a variety of topics.
- Conduct ad hoc research to support emerging topics of interest to RGA and our clients
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Statistics, Actuarial Science or related field
- ASA Certification AND 1 + FSA Exam
- 4+ years actuarial experience in Life Insurance/Reinsurance
- Statistical modeling experience
- 6+ years of actuarial experience in insurance
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including Microsoft Suite, SQL (or equivalent), and statistical software
- Strong knowledge of actuarial mathematics and experience analysis concepts
- Ability to compile, analyze, refine, model and interpret large amounts of data
- Advanced oral and written communication skills with ability to share knowledge and explain technical topics in a clear and concise way
- Advanced investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to take ownership in projects and drive them to completion
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a clear ability to work effectively in a team environment with those from many different disciplines and departments to meet objectives
- Ability to lead and train interns and less experienced actuaries
- Basic knowledge of life insurance, health insurance, longevity, and annuity products
- Time management skills
- Self-motivated, creative, and collaborative individual
- Comfort with, or interest in, basic multivariate analysis
- Familiarity with statistical modeling techniques and/or software such as R.
- Ability to challenge and enhance our analytical capabilities
- Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
The general pay range for this position is $91,055 to $140,000 per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location. In addition, RGA provides an annual bonus plan that includes all roles and some positions are eligible for participation in our long-term equity incentive plan. RGA also maintains a full range of health, retirement and other employee benefits.