The Senior Assistant Actuary is a strong contributor within a high performing group that performs financial reporting and analysis for a wide range of US and International products underlying RGA's Non-Traditional reinsurance treaties primarily focused on RGA's Global Financial Solutions (GFS) business segment. Products include Variable and Fixed annuities, Fixed Index Annuities, SPIAs, Pension Risk Transfer, and Longevity Swaps.
While the focus of this position is on production and analysis of RGA's Pension Risk Transfer business, the role also includes the production and analysis of US Statutory, US GAAP, US Tax, Solvency II, ORSA, Economic Capital, Embedded Value, plan, and management analysis requests.
- Contributes to the ongoing enhancement of the reporting process by developing and updating actuarial assumptions and models. Maintains, documents, and supports results, approaches, and controls used to produce and monitor results.
- Performs detailed US Statutory, Tax, and GAAP valuation work for Pension Risk Transfer and other assigned business, ensures these items are appropriately documented and posted, and assists with identifying changing requirements and adapting to maintain compliance.
- Develops unbiased projections for financial planning and analysis and assists with communication of financial analytics and results in terms of major drivers of variance.
- Performs financial analysis and reporting on transactions as data becomes available
- Anticipate how data changes as experience develops to ensure logic is adequate for the current period as well as future periods
- Serves as a liaison and communicates effectively with other valuation, pricing, administration, systems, accounting, audit, and finance associates
- Performs valuation work and ad-hoc department projects as needed and called upon
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics, or related field
- ASA accreditation or equivalent
- 4+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance/reinsurance
- Understanding of pension and other longevity products
- MAAA accreditation
- CFA, PRMIA PRM, GARP FRM, or other such financial risk management designation
- 2+ years actuarial experience in life insurance/reinsurance valuation and/or financial reporting (GAAP, Statutory, and Tax)
- Product development, stochastic modeling, and/or asset liability management experience
- Familiarity with deferred and immediate annuities, including equity-indexed and/or variable annuities
- Familiarity with fixed income investments, understanding of asset modeling techniques and capital markets
- Knowledge of local regulatory environments
- Reinsurance industry and/or merger and acquisition experience
- Prior management experience
Skills and Abilities
- Avanced PC and technical skills, including database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL, or equivalent technology), spreadsheets, statistical programs, and actuarial software (TAS, AXIS, Prophet, or equivalent).
- Ability to model various insurance products and reinsurance structures
- Excellent understanding of life insurance financial metrics and analysis techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of life insurance, longevity, institutional and/or annuity products
- Knowledge of GAAP, Statutory, and Tax valuation and financial reporting
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received by all stakeholders, including customers and associates
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to work effectively with different disciplines, including pricing, investments, accounting, systems, and administration
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Ability to work independently and to work well within a team environment and participate in department projects
- Prophet expertise in ALS and at least 1 one liability library with preferred expertise in at least one of the summary or US GAAP cohort libraries
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
State of Colorado: This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $88,405 to $135,920 per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location.