The Senior Data Scientist will develop and implement predictive modeling solutions and commercial applications both internally and for our clients across the globe. Demonstrate a strong understanding of our client's needs, modeling activities in the industry, products, markets and advanced modeling applications in the industry. Communicate and present key findings from analyses (with an effective, audience-specific approach) to the division's senior management team and key stakeholders from other departments and/or clients.
- Modeling: Design, create and interpret end-to-end statistical models of mortality, morbidity, persistency, fraud, consumer response, etc. for use internally or externally.
- Commercial Applications: Possess a strong understanding of the various commercial applications of predictive models for use in underwriting, claims, risk management and/or projections.
- Subject Matter Expertise / Client Contact: Routinely demonstrate an expertise in the areas of statistical modeling, the insurance application of predictive modeling and advanced data analytics.
- Collaboration / Communication: Collaborate with and provide extensive support to the local offices for predictive modeling and other projects. Periodically present information to clients and associates.
- Actively participate in other research-related initiatives
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Finance, Economics or related field
- FSA Accreditation (Actuarial title only)
- 6+ years of actuarial experience or in developing statistical models for insurance or related applications
- Master's degree or PhD in Statistics, Actuarial Science, Business, Finance, Economics, or related field
- 6+ years of experience with statistical modeling for insurance (GLM, Decision Trees, Time Series, Regression, etc.)
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including statistical programs (ex.: R, SAS, MATLAB, Gauss), spreadsheets (VBA) and database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL or equivalent technology).
- Advanced knowledge in econometrics, statistics, math and/or computational finance.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
- Ability to work well within a team environment, participate in department/team projects and balance detail with departmental objectives
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong persuasion and negotiating skills when working with internal/external customers
- Ability to resolve conflict and foster teamwork
- Advanced investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional and technical disciplines
- Skills in customer relationship management and change management
- Knowledge of actuarial concepts including mortality, morbidity, and persistency studies.
- Knowledge of life, health, and/or annuity products.
- Knowledge of life insurance underwriting and biometric risk analysis
- Experience with R, SAS, MATLAB or Gauss.
- Knowledge of SQL and VBA.
- Knowledge of insurance risk analysis.
- Advanced experience in computational finance, econometrics, statistics and math.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
State of Colorado: This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $114,020 to $169,895 per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location. In addition, RGA compensation includes an annual bonus plan that includes all roles and maintains a full range of competitive health and life insurance, retirement and other employee benefits.