RGA's culture stresses high performance and collaboration, and the company hires the smartest people in the industry. And, the smart people they hire are not just number crunchers. RGA values creativity and curiosity. RGA also values humility, and its employees work together without ego to bring value to RGA while revolutionizing the life and health insurance space.
The SVP & Pricing Actuary, North America - Global Financial Solutions (GFS), guided by company strategy and GFS global business objectives develops, recommends, and executes, along with Business Development counterparts, GFS Regional strategy.
Leads, manages, and directs the pricing, modeling, risk analysis, structuring, people, and other activities related to specific new business development opportunities covering, but not limited to, Asset Intensive, Longevity, Capital Solutions and Stable Value for the Regional Global Financial Solutions business unit.
Lead multiple levels of managers to ensure effective people leadership within the GFS Pricing area, with a strong focus on fostering a positive and engaged work environment.
- Lead the development of the regional pricing strategy and actively participate in operational planning, strategic planning, new initiatives, and deal planning meetings to assist in the leadership and influence the direction of the global GFS Pricing team and in the management of the broader Regional GFS team.
- Leads, manages, and directs the pricing, modeling, risk analysis, structuring, and other activities related to specific new business development opportunities covering, but not limited to, Asset Intensive, Longevity, Capital Solutions and Stable Value for the Regional Global Financial Solutions business unit.
- Lead multiple levels of managers to ensure effective people leadership within the Regional GFS Pricing area, including, organizational design, talent
acquisition, future skills planning, learning and development, career development, performance management, succession planning and total rewards and recognition.
- Lead in updating documentation of Global Financial Solutions pricing methodology, parameters, and procedures. Lead in recommending, implementing, and documenting enhancements to the pricing process.
- Utilizing expertise and knowledge, to support the work of the team, and otherwise ensuring pricing integrity for the Regional Pricing team's output.
- Lead discussions on complicated or delicate risk issues with internal and external clients. Communicate progress towards resolution and critical information to supervisor, other Global Financial Solutions personnel, and senior management.
- Leads in partnering with the Business Development to determine client needs and objectives, understand and analyze client information, and design terms and structures of transactions to meet those needs and objectives, including providing direction and guidance to all associates in the development of new markets, structures and product lines for GFS.
- Assist with marketing efforts by supporting client development, writing articles for publication, presenting at industry meetings, participating in industry or professional committees, and/or developing marketing initiatives. Lead and assist others in doing the same.
- Assist risk management personnel with monitoring experience of in-force treaties and developing ways to incorporate this feedback back into pricing.
- Effectively represent GFS in corporate or cross-divisional committees or working groups affecting GFS functions or priorities.
- Develop and drive other ad-hoc department projects as needed to achieve strategic goals.
Education and Experience
- FSA, FIA Certification
- 15+ years actuarial experience in Life Insurance/Reinsurance
- 7+ years management experience
- Reinsurance industry experience
- Financial reinsurance, asset-intensive, or longevity pricing experience
Skills and Abilities
- People leadership skills, demonstrating the ability to lead, mentor, and develop managers and associates; including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility
- Ability to implement organizational, divisional and/or departmental vision and goals that result in achievement and success through leadership skills, collaboration, creative thinking, maintaining focus, and persistence, even under adversity, while maintaining the confidence of associates and customers.
- Ability to liaise and partner with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- Influencing and negotiation skills when working with internal/external customers to resolve issues/problems
- Ability to take ownership in projects, provide guidance and direction, and drive them to completion.
- Demonstrated knowledge of life insurance, health insurance, longevity, and/or annuity products.
- Ability in implementing change within an organization, ensuring understanding, participation, and ownership.
- Oral and written communication skills including presentation skills, demonstrating the ability to convey information in a way that is meaningful and well received by stakeholders and team members.
- Skilled in managing multiple projects and/or sub-teams simultaneously
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions and produce results through strategic planning and the implementation and evaluation of programs and policies.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
State of Colorado: This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $212,975 TO $325,175 per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location. In addition, RGA compensation includes an annual bonus plan that includes all roles and maintains a full range of competitive health and life insurance, retirement and other employee benefits.