The VP and Sr. Actuary, Pricing - Corporate Development will manage pricing, modeling, risk analysis, structuring, and other related activities-with an emphasis on legal-entity acquisition and in-force block opportunities-in the Corporate Development business unit. A key focus of the role will be leadership of multifunctional transaction teams in the collaborative pricing and structuring of transactions and other identified opportunities. The position will also guide and coordinate with other transaction leads in the completion of due diligence, transition execution, deal approval, and other functions necessary for the completion of transactions.
- Provide transactional leadership and support in legal-entity acquisition and in-force block reinsurance activities across all RGA markets, including assisting business development in assessing new opportunities and sharing pricing expertise.
- Provide transactional leadership and support for reinsurance pricing activities that enable and execute on RGA's third party capital initiatives.
- Manage the activities and development of a team of pricing actuaries.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure an effective, efficient, and consistent pricing process for all opportunities worked on despite diverse transaction specific elements.
- Lead due diligence activities, primarily in pricing, product analysis, and structuring capacities, in order to properly assess opportunities.
- Oversee the development of comprehensive pricing and transaction summaries which incorporate all pricing and risk related aspects of transactions worked on.
- Review and provide feedback on, the pricing work-including data, assumptions, modeling, sensitivity testing, and documentation-of other actuaries as appropriate and as needed, and specifically on projects in the relevant area of responsibility.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of documentation for Corporate Development pricing methodology, parameters, and procedures as they relate to legal-entity acquisition and/or in-force block reinsurance transactions.
- Lead the development, implementation, and documentation of enhancements to the pricing process.
- Ensure that work products comply with relevant ASOPs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science or related field
- FSA/FCIA or other actuarial qualification meeting the educational requirements for mutual recognition as a Fellow by the Society of Actuaries
- 10+ years of actuarial experience in Life Insurance/Reinsurance
- Advanced quantitative degree or designation
- Reinsurance industry experience
- Merger and acquisition experience
- Product design / pricing experience OR ALM / risk management experience (requirements vary with job level)
- Financial reinsurance, asset-intensive, or longevity pricing experience
- Previous experience managing and developing a team of more junior actuaries
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of life insurance, health insurance and/or annuity products
- Proven ability to lead projects and drive them to completion
- Proven ability to manage, develop and/or mentor a team of actuaries or other personnel
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve conflicts and take action when required
- Demonstrated investigative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient experience with actuarial modeling software
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received
- Ability to balance detail with task goals/objectives
- Ability to translate business and/or transactional needs and problems into viable solutions
- Proven ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of key financial reporting, accounting, and solvency regimes, including (but not limited to): US GAAP, US Statutory, and US tax; IFRS; MCEV / EV / EEV; Canadian Solvency, Bermuda Solvency and Solvency II.
- Advanced ability to model various insurance products and reinsurance structures.
- Advanced knowledge of life insurance, health insurance, longevity, and/or annuity products
- Advanced PC and technical skills including (but not limited to): spreadsheets (VBA), database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL or equivalent technology), statistical programs, and one or more computing languages (ex: C/C++)
- Expertise in AXIS highly preferred; expertise in ALFA, Prophet or MoSes desirable
- Ability to challenge and enhance our analytical capabilities
- Understanding of asset modeling and ALM techniques, including derivatives, and capital markets approaches
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
State of Colorado: This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $178,400 to $271,845 per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location. In addition, RGA compensation includes an annual bonus plan that includes all roles and maintains a full range of competitive health and life insurance, retirement and other employee benefits.