Under the authority of the Reserving CE Manager (Central Europe):
- You will be responsible for producing treaty projections to feed the IFRS 17, Solvency 2 and also HGB balance sheets and for analyzing these figures.
- You will be part of the stabilization work regarding IFRS 17 (models and processes).
- You will work in collaboration with the group's Pricing, Accounting, Finance and actuarial teams.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Produce the projections of the portfolios for which you are in charge for IFRS 17 and Solvency 2 (Best Estimate and Sensitivity scenarios) and analyze the resulting metrics (BEL, PVFCF, CSM...), explain discrepancies and ensure the reporting in consolidation tools
- Document the work (models, assumptions and results obtained) and explain the results to internal and external review teams.
- Conduct experience studies in order to derive or update assumptions
- Develop or improve the models and related calculation and reporting processes
- Provide actuarial support to the Technical Accounting team
- Support the market teams and its management with regard to ad hoc request, calculation of portfolio values and provide input in various projects.
To carry out the various missions, you will work closely with the market managers, the Technial Accounting team, Finance department's teams, Pricing teams and the group's actuarial teams.
Required experience & competencies
- Multi -year mathematical work experience, preferably in (re)insurance
- Strong knowledge of standard software (MS Office),
- Good modelling skills with practical experience in at least one coding language language (e.g. R, Python or other actuarial software).
- Fluent in English, German would be an asset
- You are open and curious.
- You like to work both independently and in a team and you like to communicate
- You are rigorous, precise and conscientious
- You have advanced analytical and conceptual skills
- Be able to work in a constantly evolving environment (evolution of reporting requirements, tools, organization)
- You provide strong communication skills to work in both local and international environment.
- University degree/Master degree in Mathematics, Economics with the main focus on mathematical issues
- Preferably membership in actuarial association/qualified as an actuary or equivalency from a recognized organization or training to be an actuary
SCOR, the 4th largest reinsurer in the world, provides insurance companies with a diversified and innovative range of solutions and services to control and manage risk. Leveraging experience and expertise to deliver “The Art & Science of Risk”, SCOR provides cutting-edge financial solutions, analytics tools and services in all areas related to risk – from Life & Health and Property & Casualty insurance to Investments. Our specialized teams operate in over 160 countries, fostering long-term relationships with clients.
In order to provide our clients with a broad range of innovative reinsurance solutions, SCOR pursues an underwriting policy that is founded on profitability and supported by effective risk management strategy and a prudent investment policy. This approach allows us to offer clients an optimum level of security, to create value for shareholders, and to contribute to the welfare and resilience of society by helping to protect insureds against the risks they face.
At SCOR, we believe that employing people from different backgrounds and ensuring inclusivity is a major driving force for the success of the Group. We are committed to fostering a work environment in which all employees are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to SCOR’s success.