Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. What do you think? Better yet, how do you think? Have we piqued your curiosity? Consider a career with RGA.It's the logical choice.
Reporting to the Associate Actuary, Capital and Financing, the candidate assumes administrative and corporate duties in order to meet the departmental objectives.
Key Responsibilities: (complexity in level of tasks to be confirmed, according to experience)
- Assist in the periodic calculation of the regulatory capital (LICAT) requirements and the assessment of future capital needs
- Participate in the preparation of the financial statements and other actuarial reports including the calculation of actuarial liabilities of the policies according to Canadian PCGR
- Validate the data used in the actuarial calculation and produce the external & internal verification reports
- Collaborate to the implementation of changes in regulatory capital requirements on a timely basis
- Produce the financial projections for the Financial Condition Testing (FCT) and collaborate with the analysis and production of reports
- Assist in the assessment of the impacts of new business on regulatory capital
- Produce documentation of projects and ensure integrity of assumptions used in models
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in actuarial or in mathematics
- Minimum of three exams of the Society of Actuaries
- Strong knowledge and interest for computer & software skills: MS Office
- Experience in the insurance industry, an asset
- Knowledge of the AXIS software, an asset
- English and French, written and spoken
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid technical and analytical skills
- Sense of organization and detailed-oriented
- Good team spirit
RGA Canada is part of an internationally growing company and offers a dynamic team environment.
Visit our Internet Site at www.rgare.com to find out more about us.