Reporting to the AVP, Individual Life & Living Benefits - Pricing, the Associate Actuary will participate in client and quote management of individual life business. Depending on the size of the quote, and in collaboration with their manager, the employee will also be responsible for presenting and justifying assumptions and the associated strategy to their manager.
As part of a creative, dynamic, and client focused team, the employee will be exposed to a variety of projects that will capitalize on their creative and analytic mindset.
As a member of the pricing team, the employee will provide technical support to other members of the team.
- Collaborate and work on the pricing of new business reinsurance quotes in compliance with internal pricing standards
- Review the modelling results produced by the Analytics and Modelling team
- Participate in the establishment of suitable actuarial assumptions for quotes and the subsequent preparation of the Pricing Report.
- Work with the business development team in developing better deployment strategies for reinsurance solutions
- Work with the business development team and the various internal teams (legal, pricing, claims, etc.) in determining optimal reinsurance terms and conditions.
- Present the findings and strategy to their team
- Review reinsurance treaty language and make sure treaties are drawn up in a timely manner
- Understand the dynamics that influence the company's profitability
- Understands the Canadian Individual Life market and products
- Act as a key pricing contact for assigned clients
- Develop a good understanding of the client's product and pricing
- Manage ad hoc client's requests
- Participate in developing reinsurance solutions adapted to new capital and accounting standards
- Stay connected with the evolution of the insurance and reinsurance market with respect to products and regulations
- Provide excellent customer service and reinforce RGA's partnership approach with its clients
- FSA/FCIA designation from the Society of Actuaries
- 6+ years of work-related experience
- Software skills: Excel, VBA, SQL, Word, Access, Outlook
- Other specific software: AXIS proficiency is an important asset
- Bilingual (spoken and written), French and English communication
Skills and Abilities
- Solid technical, analytical and problem-solving skills with a good understanding of the factors that shape product profitability
- Good ability to challenge and enhance analytical capabilities
- Great aptitudes with computer software and ability to resolve problems
- Good understanding of personal insurance product dynamics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional and technical disciplines
- Results oriented and able to focus on meeting deadlines
- Self-managing with an ability to take initiatives
- Good team spirit with high level of energy
- Ability to simultaneously work on different projects with tight deadlines
- Good ability to make timely and effective decisions and to produce results
RGA Canada is part of an internationally growing company and offers a dynamic team environment.
Visit our Internet site: www.rgare.com to find out more about us.