Experienced qualified actuary who performs financial reporting and analysis for a wide range of products in the fast-growing markets in Hong Kong. Products include life, HNW, traditional and staging/multi-pay critical illness, and health. While the focus is on corporate reporting and/or planning, the role also includes managing other areas of practice like process/control enhancement, projections for economic capital modeling, embedded value reporting and risk management. Communication with executives in RGA along with maintaining excellent relationships with Finance and Administration teams are components of the role.
- Contributes to the ongoing enhancement of the valuation and reporting process by developing any change in practices to improve work efficiency, e.g., by different approaches, streamlining data requirements, automation, etc. Maintains, documents, and supports results, approaches, and controls used to produce and monitor results.
- Performs US GAAP (LDTI) and US STAT (e.g., VM20) valuation for the assigned business.
- Support and lead aspects parallel runs for US GAAP LDTI implementations and integration to the valuation process.
- Perform and enhance experience studies and analysis for best estimate assumption setting.
- Manage the production models and coordinate modelling enhancements for assigned businesses.
- Develops projections for business planning, economic capital modelling, and embedded value calculation and communicates appropriate validation results and financial analytics.
- Compliance controls and audit checks on the valuation data and bases.
- Manage junior actuarial associates with supervisory duties including, but not limited to, hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, and disciplining direct reports. Fosters a positive and engaging work environment.
- Perform other ad hoc analysis as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics or related field.
- FSA accreditation or equivalent.
- 5+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance/reinsurance, preferably on valuation or financial reporting with the knowledge of GAAP and statutory reporting (or IFRS17).
- Computer literacy, including actuarial software (e.g., AXIS, Prophet) and a good understanding of Excel and VBA.
- Good analytical and data management skills as well as work attitudes to details and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly motivated, conceptual thinker who is able to collaborate in a team environment or work independently and own a wide variety of assignments.
- Good people management skills and ability to mentor and develop associates; including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with different disciplines, including pricing, investments, finance, systems, and administration.
- Good problem-solving ability to translate business needs into acceptable solutions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Reinsurance Group of America is one of the largest global life and health reinsurance companies in the world. With operations in 26 countries, we are the only global reinsurance company to focus primarily on life and health-related reinsurance solutions.
Our core products and services include life reinsurance, living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, health reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting, and product development.
RGA Empowers Employees. It's one thing to hire smart people, it's another to empower them. This is one of the most important differences between RGA and its competitors. RGA empowers its employees to use their intelligence and creativity to find solutions for customers. To be proactive in their approach to bringing value to our customers.