The Valuation Actuary is a key member of the Continental Europe & Middle East ("CEME") Valuation Team. The associate is responsible for the calculation and delivery of valuation output for key business lines in the region. They will focus on accurate and timely output, improving models and processes and communicating clearly with other teams to build shared understanding of results.
- Key Valuation resource for the CEME Valuation Team.
- Responsible for the production of US GAAP and Solvency II cashflows.
- Responsible for understanding, analysing and communicating model output and changes from prior periods.
- Responsible for liaising with other teams (local and global) to increase understanding of results.
- Responsible for improving calculations and models, with assistance from other teams.
- Responsible for improving or changing processes to make production and analysis more efficient and more accurate.
- Involved in the review and implementation of updated assumptions.
- Involved in the analysis and understanding of results, investing anomalies.
- Collaborate closely with CEME Finance to support monthly and quarterly earnings analysis, business and financial planning, and other related projects.
- Support global actuarial projects such as business planning, internal economic capital, embedded value, local and global ORSAs as required.
- Provide accurate and timely inputs to tax calculations.
- Provides technical/actuarial support to the CEME pricing teams.
- Produces monthly and quarterly regulatory, US GAAP and tax valuation outputs for the CEME business including audit requirements.
- Produces US GAAP analysis of the CEME business and provides support to the CEME Finance Team.
- Involved in IBNR analysis for the CEME traditional business and the calibration of the lag factors.
- Performs and improves processes for unmodelled business.
- Responsible for ensuring data validity and completeness for valuation purposes.
- Liaises with the local Finance, Pricing and Administration functions in analysing and understanding results.
- Liaises with internal teams in the development and application of best estimate assumptions.
- Maintains valuation policies where required.
- Provide support and expertise for other projects as required.
- Contributes to a culture of continuous learning and improvement across the CEME and EMEA Valuation teams, and with other teams.
- Fellow of a recognized actuarial organization.
- 5+ years of experience post qualification in the life insurance or reinsurance industry.
- Good understanding and experience of the insurance industry.
- Experience in CEME business valuation.
- Proven experience interacting with multiple teams across time-zones.
- LDTI or Solvency II experience in valuation, pricing or process development roles an advantage.
- A high level of personal accountability and integrity (acting with transparency and honesty).
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to build professional relationships with various departments and stakeholders.
- Ability to investigate, analyze and solve complex financial and business problems/ issues.
- Ability to adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
- Good oral and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and driven with proven entrepreneurial spirit.
- Innovative and creative thinker.
- Advanced MS Office suite skills.
- Ability to work online either at home or remote.
- Ability to travel as required.
RGA's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
RGA Aims to evolve RGA workplaces and the communities in which RGA has a presence, into more diverse, equitable and inclusive environments. We will create a culture where individuals are valued, feel a sense of belonging, and are respected for their differences - a workplace where all employees are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential.
Our individual, social, economic, and cultural identities shape and influence our experiences and perspectives. Therefore, to do our best work RGA will ensure diversity in our workforce across the various dimensions of social, interpersonal, and cultural identity -- and by practicing inclusivity in how we work with one another. Inclusion in our workplace is a step towards our purpose of making financial protection accessible to all .
We support hybrid and flexible ways of working and would welcome a discussion on how we can balance what is important to you with business requirements during the recruitment process.
Reinsurance Group of America is one of the largest global life and health reinsurance companies in the world. With operations in 26 countries, we are the only global reinsurance company to focus primarily on life and health related reinsurance solutions.
Our core products and services include life reinsurance, living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, health reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting, and product development.
RGA has approximately $3.4 trillion of life reinsurance in force, assets of $84.9 billion, and a singular purpose: to make financial protection accessible to all.