The Associate Analytics Actuary, Global Data & Analytics is: a qualified actuary with advanced analytics capabilities; someone who combines curiosity, technical skills, and collaboration to create innovative data-solutions; and a leader on project teams consisting of data scientists, pricing actuaries, underwriting, IT, and business developers. The Associate Actuary will work on internal and commercial initiatives that unlock benefits of new & existing data-sources & data-solutions through exploratory analysis, novel insights, model validations, and model enhancements.
- Provide actuarial and analytical expertise to support the development or enhancements of commercial data-solutions at RGA
- Evaluate new external data sources and explore new applications of non-traditional data sources for RGA and our clients.
- Enhance RGA's advanced analytics capabilities through the innovative application of cutting-edge techniques to generate novel business insights
- Leverage newly developed solutions and advanced analytics capabilities across different business units
- Enhance the effectiveness of RGA's analytics-based solutions by merging disciplines, applying business expertise, strong collaboration and educating stakeholders
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Actuarial Science, or related field
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries
- 6+ years actuarial experience
- Statistical modeling experience
- Masters in Statistics, Data Science, or related field
Skills and Abilities
- Strong curiosity and a self-motivated desire to learn new skills and techniques and apply those to traditional life insurance problems
- Advanced analytical skills using SQL, Excel, R, Python or equivalents
- Strong traditional actuarial analysis skills, including multivariate analysis and experience studies
- Ability to compile, analyze, refine, model, and interpret very large data sets
- Strong oral and written communication skills demonstrating an ability to share insights and explain technical topics clearly and concisely.
- Ability to take ownership in projects and drive them to completion
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrating an ability to collaborate effectively across a global team with individuals from different operational, functional, and technical disciplines and departments to meet shared objectives
- Ability to set goals and handle multiple projects simultaneously through appropriately balancing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Ability to create or maintain commercial data-solutions
- Ability to translate advanced analytics techniques and capabilities into new domains
- Ability to apply machine learning techniques to solve life & health insurance problems
- Ability to incorporate expert judgement into statistical modelling techniques
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
State of Colorado: This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $105,950 to $161,995 per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location. In addition, RGA compensation includes an annual bonus plan that includes all roles and maintains a full range of competitive health and life insurance, retirement and other employee benefits.