Reporting to the Director, Corporate Actuarial, the successful candidate will be responsible for local statutory reporting including implementation of IFRS17 basis and HK statutory valuation, quarterly US GAAP reporting, potential involvement of new local statutory reporting (HK RBC) and actuarial oversight in areas of practice like experience studies and modelling. The role will provide the candidate with broad exposure to various local reporting and management reporting, including the opportunity to learn about and contribute to high-profile projects including IFRS17 and HK RBC.
- Production and analysis for the local reporting, including the implementation and integration of IFRS17 basis, and the HK statutory valuation;
- Production and analysis for the management reporting on US GAAP basis;
- Potential involvement in preparation of the new local statutory reporting under HK RBC regime;
- Perform financial projections for local or corporate reporting exercises;
- Perform experience studies and analysis on current inforce business, and assist in proposing best estimate assumptions;
- Modeling of key business on Prophet;
- Compliance controls and audit checks on the valuation data and bases;
- Identify areas of continuous improvement around efficiency or quality of work performed, and help to implement improvements as agreed;
- Review valuation work performed by more junior members of the team;
- Support other ad hoc analysis as required.
- Associate or close to Fellow of Society of Actuaries or other equivalent actuarial bodies;
- 2 to 4 years' working experience in life insurance/reinsurance companies;
- Hands on experience with Hong Kong statutory reporting or IFRS17;
- Experience with HK RBC and GAAP reporting will be a bonus;
- Prophet modeling experience is preferred and a strong understanding of Excel, VBA and SQL;
- Strong analytical, data management skills, work attitudes to details and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; and
- Highly motivated, conceptual thinker who is able to collaborate in a team environment or work independently and take a leading role in a wide variety of assignments.
Candidates with less experience or qualification may be considered as Senior Actuarial Associate.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting, and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
We believe smart people work smarter when they are empowered - when they use logic, but embrace creative problem solving; when their curiosity is encouraged to further innovation; and when they are recognized for seeking out the unknown. It is with this philosophy that RGA engages our workforce to realize that true change happens when smart people collaborate for the good of a company, the industry and the world. Working for RGA - it's the logical choice.