The successful candidate will be responsible for local reporting for the HK and High Net Worth business, including implementation of IFRS17 basis and HK statutory valuation, new local statutory reporting (HK RBC), Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA), and other areas of actuarial practice like experience studies and modelling. The role will provide the candidate with broad exposure to actuarial valuation knowledge, including the opportunity to learn about and contribute to high-profile projects including IFRS17 and HK RBC.
- Production and analysis for the local reporting, including the implementation and integration of IFRS17 basis, and the HK statutory valuation;
- Support the preparation of statutory reporting under HK RBC regime and the ORSA report;
- Perform experience studies and analysis on current inforce business, and assist in proposing best estimate assumptions;
- Modeling and model enhancement of key business within Prophet;
- Compliance controls and audit checks on the valuation data and bases;
- Identify areas of continuous improvement around efficiency or quality of work performed and help to implement improvements as agreed.
- Potential involvement in management reporting on US GAAP post LDTI basis; and
- Work closely with Finance, Administration and Pricing Teams to achieve goals; and
- Support other ad hoc analysis as required.
- Associate or close to Fellow of Society of Actuaries or other equivalent actuarial bodies;
- 2 to 4 years' work experience in life insurance/reinsurance companies, with the knowledge of HK life insurance market/products being a plus; candidate with less experience will be considered as Actuarial Associate .
- Hands on experience from valuation or financial reporting, ideally on IFRS17 or HKRBC but not a must;
- Prophet/AXIS modeling experience is preferred and a good understanding of SQL, Excel, VBA is required;
- Strong analytical, data management skills, work attitudes to details and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; and
- Highly motivated, conceptual thinker who is able to collaborate in a team environment or work independently .
Reinsurance Group of America is one of the largest global life and health reinsurance companies in the world. With operations in 26 countries, we are the only global reinsurance company to focus primarily on life and health-related reinsurance solutions.
Our core products and services include life reinsurance, living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, health reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting, and product development.
RGA Empowers Employees. It's one thing to hire smart people, it's another to empower them. This is one of the most important differences between RGA and its competitors. RGA empowers its employees to use their intelligence and creativity to find solutions for customers. To be proactive in their approach to bringing value to our customers.