RGA's culture stresses high performance and collaboration, and the company hires the smartest people in the industry. And, the smart people they hire are not just number crunchers. RGA values creativity and curiosity. RGA also values humility, and its employees work together without ego to bring value to RGA while revolutionizing the life and health insurance space.
The Valuation Actuary position is a 12-month contract role in the Continental Europe and the Middle East (CEME) Valuation Team. They will be responsible for documenting and performing business as usual activities and facilitating the transition of work from the Toronto office to the EMEA region. They will also assist with developing and then activating an improvement plan, taking into account information provided by the existing team and working closely with valuation management.
- Key Valuation resource for the CEME Valuation Team.
- Responsible for the production of US GAAP and Solvency II cashflows and results.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating methodology documents.
- Responsible for improving calculations and models, with assistance from other teams.
- Responsible for improving or changing processes to make production and analysis more efficient and more accurate.
- Provides technical/actuarial support on ad hoc activities as required.
- Produces monthly and quarterly regulatory, US GAAP, Solvency II and tax valuation processes for the CEME business including audit requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring data validity and completeness for valuation purposes.
- Assists with the development and implementation of a model and process improvement plan.
- Reviews and improves documentation.
- Reviews and improves audit delivery.
- Provide support and expertise for other projects as required.
- Contributes to a culture of continuous learning and improvement across the CEME and EMEA valuation teams, and with other teams.
Education & Experience
- Fellow of a recognized actuarial organization.
- Minimum 5 years of experience post qualification in the life insurance or reinsurance industry.
- Good understanding and experience of the insurance industry.
- Experience in valuation.
- Proven experience interacting with multiple teams across time-zones is an asset.
- LDTI or Solvency II experience in valuation, pricing or process development roles is a desired asset.
- Experience in process and model improvement is a desired advantage.
- AXIS model experience is a strong advantage.
Skills & Abilities
- A high level of personal accountability and integrity (acting with transparency and honesty).
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to build professional relationships with various departments and stakeholders across a wider variety of operational, functional, and technical disciples.
- Ability to investigate, analyze and solve complex financial and business problems/ issues.
- Ability to adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and driven with proven entrepreneurial spirit.
- Innovative and creative thinker.
- Advanced MS Office suite skills.
- Ability to work online either at home or remote.
- Ability to travel as required.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA ) is one of the largest global life and health reinsurance companies. With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, RGA supports clients and partners around the world through innovative approaches and customized solutions.
Founded in 1973, RGA celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2023.
- We are the only global reinsurance company to focus primarily on life- and health-related reinsurance solutions.
- Our core products and services include life reinsurance, living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, health reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting, and product development.
- RGA ranks #257 on the 2024 Fortune 500 list. The list ranks U.S.-based companies by total revenue.
- RGA has been named to Fortune magazine's 2023 and 2024 lists of the World's Most Admired Companies.
- RGA in Canada has been selected as one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2024
- RGA has approximately $3.5 trillion of life reinsurance in force and assets of $87.4 billion as of September 30, 2023.
RGA aims to evolve RGA workplaces and the communities in which RGA has a presence, into more diverse, equitable and inclusive environments. We will create a culture where individuals are valued, feel a sense of belonging, and are respected for their differences - a workplace where all employees are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential.
Our individual, social, economic, and cultural identities shape and influence our experiences and perspectives. Therefore, to do our best work RGA will ensure diversity in our workforce across the various dimensions of social, interpersonal, and cultural identity - and by practicing inclusivity in how we work with one another. Inclusion in our workplace is a step towards our purpose of making financial protection accessible to all .
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
RGA is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. RGA welcomes applications from suitably qualified people with diverse backgrounds and experiences regardless of their race, religion or belief, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or marital status.
RGA supports hybrid and flexible ways of working and would welcome a discussion on how it can balance what is important to you with business requirements during the recruitment process.
Visit our Annual Review site, https://rgaannualreview.com , to find out more about us.