RGA Empowers Employees. It's one thing to hire smart people, it's another to empower them. This is one of the most important differences between RGA and its competitors. RGA empowers its employees to use their intelligence and creativity to find solutions for its customers. To be proactive in their approach to bringing value to our customers.
The Vice President & Actuary, Assumptions and Pricing leads, manages and directs development and communication of assumptions for USIH's in-force LTC block and all new business. Prepares pricing quotes for new business and oversees projections of in-force treaties to identify need for repricing. Authorized to sign off on assumptions and pricing for USIH pricing quotes. Provides critical assumption information for pricing and actuarial expertise for key stakeholders including senior management, department management, Business Development, and New Initiatives. Collaborates with the Valuation department in emerging research topics especially around Best Estimate Assumptions and assumptions Governance.
- Identifies best estimate assumptions for pricing of reinsurance transactions, and performs the pricing work including assisting business develop with preparation of quotes.
- Develops and provides quotes for new reinsurance transactions.
- Provides oversight for financial projections and profitability metrics for existing reinsurance transactions.
- Provides best estimate assumptions for managing in-force risk and for Valuation projections, collaborating with the USIH ALM and Modeling actuary for investment and interest related assumptions.
- Fosters positive relationships with key stakeholders (examples include USIH ALM and Modeling Actuary, marketing partners, clients, and corporate departments).
- May perform or assist in some management duties including, but not limited to: hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, guiding, mentoring and disciplining direct reports. Fosters a positive and engaged work environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- FSA accreditation
- 10+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance and/or reinsurance
- Understanding of experience studies and interpreting predictive analytics
- MAAA accreditation
- Experience interacting with insurance regulators
- Experience presenting and advocating innovation initiatives to Senior Management
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including spreadsheets and actuarial software.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Advanced ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received by all stakeholders, including customers and associates.
- Exceptional ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational,
functional and technical disciplines.
- Ability to model various insurance products and reinsurance structures.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate project objectives and scope for feasibility and understanding.
- Highly advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly advanced people management skills, demonstrating an ability to lead, mentor and develop associates. Ability to manage associates who are difficult or resistant to leadership.
- Expert knowledge of health products.
- Expert knowledge of setting assumptions for projecting future benefit payments of Accident and Health Products
- Ability to work independently and to work well within a team environment and to participate as a leader in department projects.
- Expertise in Prophet and/or AXIS.
- Understanding of projection modeling techniques and capital markets.
- Familiarity with advanced principles of economic-based financial reporting frameworks, such as Economic Capital and Embedded Value.
- Advanced life insurance and/or reinsurance industry and product knowledge.
- Familiarity with database applications.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
RGA offers an array of benefits including flexible plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage; 401(k) plan with generous employer match; Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance; Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage; Employee Assistance Program; Paid Time Off; and other benefits designed to provide the flexibility to choose a plan that meets your needs. Pay is based on a number of factors including local market, a candidate's skills, and experience commensurate with a role, etc. Colorado residents' salary range: $131,730 to $196,235 + Annual Bonus.