Where CPD may not end – new actuview website online
Apart from studying specialist journals and books, attendance at events and seminars is a classic way to keep your CPD record updated. But more than ever, digital alternatives, such as live broadcasts or recordings, are on the rise – not only since the advent of the coronavirus pandemic. With actuview, the actuarial community has found a way to provide an almost never-ending stream of videos and media. And with the website being relaunched in May 2021, the services are now improved and updated.
The new actuview – features for actuaries
In addition to a modern and fresh design, the relaunch includes a number of new features for partners and users. The list of user features includes:
Responsive design: Use actuview on your desktop PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
Socialize: Write messages, rate videos, comment or become friends with other actuview users.
User-friendly dashboard: The personal dashboard gives you an overview of the most important settings for your account and includes several helpful elements such as the history of your recently viewed videos, the status of your CPD hours and the channels to which you subscribe.
Search engine: The search engine has been significantly improved so that particular searches include all content available on actuview such as video titles, speaker names, etc.
- CPD tracking: The CPD documentation feature has been completely revised and improved. As well as better and more reliable tracking, you can now see which videos you have started but not yet finished watching. When you restart the video, the orange bar in the video player shows you which parts still need to be finished to document your participation in the CPD.
- CPD documentation: You can download your CPD record as a PDF in your personal user area and submit it to your home association for documentation. The record shows all videos from one year which are eligible for CPD and of which you have watched more than 90 percent.
- Events: With the new events category, it is now possible to host full events on actuview. These can include live broadcasts as well as recorded contributions: from one-day events to congresses lasting several days.
- Self-Administration: Speakers can now administer their personal profiles on actuview including name, company, contact details and other information.
A quick review – where it all started
Founded as a follow-up project to the very successful Virtual International Congress of Actuaries 2018, actuview first went online in March 2019. Since then a lot has happened – the user community has grown, national actuarial associations, sponsors and partner institutions have joined and the number of videos has risen.
More than 1,100 videos on all actuarial subject areas available on actuview
The video library includes recordings from national and international live events and conferences, pre-recorded web sessions as well as webcasts from individual experts. In total, over 1,100 videos are available. The topics cover the full range of actuarial subject areas – from established focus topics up to current challenges facing the economy and profession.
Use actuview for your CPD record
Several actuarial associations accept actuview as a way to achieve required hours of CPD. An automated CPD record, including all videos watched (90% or more of the content), can be downloaded in users’ personal profiles on actuview.
Join actuview and stay up to date
Accessing actuview is linked to being a member of one of the institutions participating as a partner. A list of partners can be found here. If you are a member of one of these associations, please contact their office to receive your personal registration code.
If you would like to access actuview and are not a member of one of the participating national associations, you can easily become a member of one of the IAA sections, which will enable you to access actuview. More information on how to join a section and the membership form can be found here.
Another way to access actuview is to become a speaker. Actuaries and other experts can independently prepare a topic and publish it as a recorded webcast on actuview. The technical implementation is possible in many ways, with the simplest option being to use the recording function of Microsoft Powerpoint.
If you would like to prepare a topic for actuview, please send your application with
- the title,
- a brief description of your presentation (abstract), and
- some personal information about you and your affiliation
Further information on how to join actuview can be found here.